+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

NPRA

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Hi
How does colombo vo work. Do they do background checking before requesting medical. They take 3 whole months to generate med req.What kind of additional docs do they require. I thought there wont be additional doc request once transferred from cpc missisauga. OMG... the whole process seems to be never ending :(:(

gobiy

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Visa Office......
Colombo
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Hi
How does colombo vo work. Do they do background checking before requesting medical. They take 3 whole months to generate med req.What kind of additional docs do they require. I thought there wont be additional doc request once transferred from cpc missisauga. OMG... the whole process seems to be never ending :(:(
Hi NPRA, once eligibility done background check will start. Eligibility take long period. For me it's been more than six month after medical done. Still im on eligibility check. But it depends may be they will give medical once your eligibility done. Background check around one month. Then criminality...

Reactions: NPRA

hopefulcanuck1

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Colombo
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
17-05-2016
@NPRA Under this present new system, I don't know when they request medical. It seems like you have to cross a few steps before they request medical. But additional documents they can request at anytime, not just when it is in CPC Mississauga. Once the file is transferred to Colombo they can request additional documents as many times as they like. Usually they ask for things like Schedule A, Sponsor's NOA, Sponsor's pay stubs etc. Good luck, the process can seem never ending but now under the new system you are almost guaranteed a response within the 12 month mark.

Hi
How does colombo vo work. Do they do background checking before requesting medical. They take 3 whole months to generate med req.What kind of additional docs do they require. I thought there wont be additional doc request once transferred from cpc missisauga. OMG... the whole process seems to be never ending :(:([/QUOTE

Reactions: NPRA

NPRA

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
@NPRA Under this present new system, I don't know when they request medical. It seems like you have to cross a few steps before they request medical. But additional documents they can request at anytime, not just when it is in CPC Mississauga. Once the file is transferred to Colombo they can request additional documents as many times as they like. Usually they ask for things like Schedule A, Sponsor's NOA, Sponsor's pay stubs etc. Good luck, the process can seem never ending but now under the new system you are almost guaranteed a response within the 12 month mark.
Thank you for taking ur time and replying. I feel assured

Reactions: hopefulcanuck1

NPRA

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Hi NPRA, once eligibility done background check will start. Eligibility take long period. For me it's been more than six month after medical done. Still im on eligibility check. But it depends may be they will give medical once your eligibility done. Background check around one month. Then criminality...
Thank you very much for ur time and clarification.

gobiy

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Visa Office......
Colombo
Med's Request
Med's Done....
6 months no updates since medical passed on 7th dec 2017. My wife contact MP office they said we can't contact till 1 year. 2 months more to hit timeline. Information request sent by my wife but no reply. Is that feel like anything went wrong?

hopefulcanuck1

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Colombo
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
17-05-2016
Hello all, any idea how long PCC takes once we submit application at the Police Headquarters in Colombo? Does the police come to your house to check. Do you need to be present when the police comes?

Achutheepan

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
Hello all, any idea how long PCC takes once we submit application at the Police Headquarters in Colombo? Does the police come to your house to check. Do you need to be present when the police comes?
It should take 10 days and yes the police will come and you will need to be present or someone needs to be present at the address and they can call you to come right away.