+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing Time at Bejing Visa Office

C

cutejoe

Can someone with experience tell me how long does it take them to process a single-entry visitor VISA application in Beijing? The official website of the Canadian consulate there says it takes 5 days or less in the majority of cases, is this true?

I am inviting my fiancee to visit my family in Toronto, where she and I plan to get married. A number of further questions: does it have any bearing on her chances of getting a VISA whether I or my father serve as her inviter (both my father and I are Canadian citizens)? My father has a much more established presence in Canada than I do as I have not resided the country consistently over the last couple years.

Is it wise to make clear in the application that my fiancee and I are planning to get married in Canada, as long as it is made clear that she is only visiting and are not going to try to stay?

A side question for those with knowledge about getting married in Canada: if my fiancee and I had already married outside of Canada (say, in China), would it possible for us to remarry each other again in Canada and have our marriage registered there?

Thank you.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
cutejoe said:
Can someone with experience tell me how long does it take them to process a single-entry visitor VISA application in Beijing? The official website of the Canadian consulate there says it takes 5 days or less in the majority of cases, is this true?

Yes; they are quick to say "no" in my experience.

A side question for those with knowledge about getting married in Canada: if my fiancee and I had already married outside of Canada (say, in China), would it possible for us to remarry each other again in Canada and have our marriage registered there?

What would be the point? Canada recognizes legal marriages abroad. You might be able to get the Chinese authorities in your wife's hukou to certify the marriage certificate as a true certificate, to make it a more credible document (given the many forgeries in China). And you can get under the same cover an official English translation.

Thank you.