PROCEDURAL FAIRNESS LETTER

Timcarey

Mar 1, 2023
Lagos Nigeria
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Toronto
Hello everyone, i am from Nigeria applying for a canada student visa, i got a PFL stating: Specifically, I have concerns that you owe $185 to the crown with regard to your application V338145284. Please provide your explanation and payment. You can contact Collection Services at 1-888-448-4426 or by email to: IRCC.FINDebtstotheCrown- DettesalaCouronneFIN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca,This error and act is made by my friend who helped my with canada visiting visa year 2020 which i did not get any response about, i am been told to pay this money back which i did and also send a letter of explanation on what happened, i back my letter up with little evidence i can get like a prove of my money my so called friend refunded and also bank statement of 2020 showing when i made this payment to my friend in local currency, i also submitted a copy of interpol police report clearing me of all crimes, what are my chances of getting approval, i am so worried.

Jan 23, 2023
Hello everyone, i am from Nigeria applying for a canada student visa, i got a PFL stating: Specifically, I have concerns that you owe $185 to the crown with regard to your application V338145284. Please provide your explanation and payment. You can contact Collection Services at 1-888-448-4426 or by email to: IRCC.FINDebtstotheCrown- DettesalaCouronneFIN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca,This error and act is made by my friend who helped my with canada visiting visa year 2020 which i did not get any response about, i am been told to pay this money back which i did and also send a letter of explanation on what happened, i back my letter up with little evidence i can get like a prove of my money my so called friend refunded and also bank statement of 2020 showing when i made this payment to my friend in local currency, i also submitted a copy of interpol police report clearing me of all crimes, what are my chances of getting approval, i am so worried.
At what stage is your application at?

Timcarey

Mar 1, 2023
Lagos Nigeria
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Toronto
If the application is still within the standard processing time, you just have to keep your fingers crossed and say your prayers. It’ll work out.
Yes it is still within the processing time, are there additional document you think i could get to back myself up ?

SenatorOA

May 13, 2023
Hello everyone. I got a visa refusal but ban wasn't stated on the correspondence. The background: I applied to IRCC for visitation to Canada with my wife in 2020 and Covid struck and processing time got elongated. I kept checking the portal but no response came for over 2 years and I gave up thinking that application is null and void. Only for me to hear of someone in similar situation that got a response. It prompted me to go and check and I saw that I was served PFL April 20, about a month ago and i was given 10 days to respond which has clearly elapsed when i checked it yesterday. The letter stated that I misrepresented been refused visa to another country asides USA ( this was declared). Apparently, that was UK and it totally skipped my mind because it happened 13 years ago. What is best course to do in this scenario because I am thinking of contacting an immigration lawyer to file a response. I am worried it might affect other applications as i am thinking of applying to study before the year runs out and leaving that question open might be a serious issue. Also, if I was banned, it should be stated in my letter of refusal right?

CEC-lolo

Oct 19, 2015
Hello everyone. I got a visa refusal but ban wasn't stated on the correspondence. The background: I applied to IRCC for visitation to Canada with my wife in 2020 and Covid struck and processing time got elongated. I kept checking the portal but no response came for over 2 years and I gave up thinking that application is null and void. Only for me to hear of someone in similar situation that got a response. It prompted me to go and check and I saw that I was served PFL April 20, about a month ago and i was given 10 days to respond which has clearly elapsed when i checked it yesterday. The letter stated that I misrepresented been refused visa to another country asides USA ( this was declared). Apparently, that was UK and it totally skipped my mind because it happened 13 years ago. What is best course to do in this scenario because I am thinking of contacting an immigration lawyer to file a response. I am worried it might affect other applications as i am thinking of applying to study before the year runs out and leaving that question open might be a serious issue. Also, if I was banned, it should be stated in my letter of refusal right?
Hi there, how did you resolve it? I have a similar issue for one of my parent

Oct 15, 2023
Hello am from Uganda Africa I have a disability I would like to move to Canada for better service s for person's living with disabilities.i really need your help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello am from Uganda Africa I have a disability I would like to move to Canada for better service s for person's living with disabilities.i really need your help.
Wrong section as this is about procedural fairness letters. if you want to immigrate then it is based on your age, education, skills, language and funds. Check out the link and click on immigrate. You need to pass a medical. Not sure what services you are looking for as you pay out of pocket for many things.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship.html

CEC-lolo

Oct 19, 2015
Your parent must respond to letter stating the US refusal (date, any documentation) and apologize for the error in a letter. Explain that it it was a mistake.
Thank you for the guidance.
Do you know what's the chance of NOT getting a ban?
Also, my mom had a US visa refusal over 20 years ago (we forgot about it) which was not disclosed in the application but no letter was received about her yet - only my dad got a PFL. Do you think my mom's US visa refusal needs to be corrected/ updated at this stage?

Thank you so much for your response

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for the guidance.
Do you know what's the chance of NOT getting a ban?
Also, my mom had a US visa refusal over 20 years ago (we forgot about it) which was not disclosed in the application but no letter was received about her yet - only my dad got a PFL. Do you think my mom's US visa refusal needs to be corrected/ updated at this stage?

Thank you so much for your response
I cannot tell you chances. If he is truthful and apologizes, and then explains when he got the refusal, there is a good chance he will not get banned. As for your mother, she is a separate application. Since she has not got a PFL or approval send a webform ASAP. In the webform explain that she had a US refusal 20 years ago.

Reactions: CEC-lolo