+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural fairness letter

m7313

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Hi everyone. We have received procedural fairness latter asking for more proofs of relationship. We hired a lawyer and complied to their letter. We got invitation for pre arrival services after 10 days of sending the additional documents they asked.. Does this mean everything is ok now? Are we going to get approved? Also our background check are already being processed since september . Thank you

BackToOntario

Star Member
Aug 18, 2018
Hi everyone. We have received procedural fairness latter asking for more proofs of relationship. We hired a lawyer and complied to their letter. We got invitation for pre arrival services after 10 days of sending the additional documents they asked.. Does this mean everything is ok now? Are we going to get approved? Also our background check are already being processed since september . Thank you
I received the Pre-Approval Services letter and then 3 hours later they sent us a letter asking for additional proof that the sponsor (me) was going to accompany the PA (husband). Haven't heard anything since, 9 days later. So, while that should be a good sign, you won't know for sure until they move on to the next step.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
The pre arrival letter does not indicate anything other than your application has reached a specific stage in processing. There have been the occasional instances where the prearrival letter was received, only to have the application rejected at a later date.
With a procedural fairness letter, you really should expect further contact from IRCC and potential delays in your processing. PFL are not something IRCC issues without significant concerns with your application.

m7313

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
The pre arrival letter does not indicate anything other than your application has reached a specific stage in processing. There have been the occasional instances where the prearrival letter was received, only to have the application rejected at a later date.
With a procedural fairness letter, you really should expect further contact from IRCC and potential delays in your processing. PFL are not something IRCC issues without significant concerns with your application.
Hi. We are being processed in manila vo. We are under conjugal applocation and they requested copies of insurance and statement of account which we have already provided. I have talked to people in my country who received PFL. All of them states that after receiving pre arrival letter they got approved. I have ordered gcms notes and will wait for it to arrive. Also according to PHILIPPINES facebook group . Receiving pre arrival invitations are very good signs. In manila VO they will request interview or additional documents before sending pre arrival . I am just hoping that they are right. Timelines of philippines applicant never showed refusal ,interview or additional docs after pre arrival.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Hi. We are being processed in manila vo. We are under conjugal applocation and they requested copies of insurance and statement of account which we have already provided. I have talked to people in my country who received PFL. All of them states that after receiving pre arrival letter they got approved. I have ordered gcms notes and will wait for it to arrive. Also according to PHILIPPINES facebook group . Receiving pre arrival invitations are very good signs. In manila VO they will request interview or additional documents before sending pre arrival . I am just hoping that they are right. Timelines of philippines applicant never showed refusal ,interview or additional docs after pre arrival.
I am in the same groups. Those who were rejected did not bother posting an update. I know of one personally.

Reactions: Jemnay

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
A procedural fairness letter is different from a pre-arrival services letter. Big difference.

Procedural fairness letter indicates that CIC is going to deny your application unless you provide additional proof. Pre-arrival services is an automatic message that everyone gets.

Jemnay

Feb 19, 2018
Kidapawan
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
07-12-2017
Doc's Request.
01-02-2018
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
File Transfer...
01-03-2018
Med's Request
17-02-2018
Med's Done....
15-03-2018
Passport Req..
04-09-2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
Better to give the additional documents that they asking about your relationship. Cheer up.

Jemnay

Feb 19, 2018
Kidapawan
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
07-12-2017
Doc's Request.
01-02-2018
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
File Transfer...
01-03-2018
Med's Request
17-02-2018
Med's Done....
15-03-2018
Passport Req..
04-09-2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
We already did and everything is ok now as per gcms notes. Just waiting for passport request :) thanks
Good I'm happy to hear that .

Sweetbless

Nov 3, 2018
A procedural fairness letter is different from a pre-arrival services letter. Big difference.

Procedural fairness letter indicates that CIC is going to deny your application unless you provide additional proof. Pre-arrival services is an automatic message that everyone gets.
Do you know of a case where PFL was requested and after doing so visa was approved?
Is Procedural fairness letter the same as letter of explanation?