+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

F@l

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Guys glad those signatures are going up but please those wrote separated foe X months please change it as Separation means something else guys( especially immigration wise) please put last seen, or something along that line

Reactions: Moazali6

Moazali6

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Great job guys .. I see the signatures going up.. initial target was 50+ signatures.. How about we crank it up to 75+ ... I know we can do it by tomorrow.. I have faith in all of you.
Cheers

Reactions: nwapapa and F@l

iravlad

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
October 2019
Guys glad those signatures are going up but please those wrote separated foe X months please change it as Separation means something else guys( especially immigration wise) please put last seen, or something along that line
what would you suggest to use instead when mentionning the total number of months of separation. If it's not separation, so what word. I am just out of options

F@l

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Great job guys .. I see the signatures going up.. initial target was 50+ signatures.. How about we crank it up to 75+ ... I know we can do it by tomorrow.. I have faith in all of you.
Cheers
Also, avoid from using inland and Outland on that letter. The terminology could mean something else.

F@l

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
what would you suggest to use instead when mentionning the total number of months of separation. If it's not separation, so what word. I am just out of options
You could write, I have been away from my spouse for X months. Or I last saw my spouse in 2019 etc just because separated could mean something off than what we’re trying to say.

Reactions: iravlad

Moazali6

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
I agree we need to Change from separation to last seen .. thanks for the input

Reactions: F@l

nurzohra

Star Member
Jul 11, 2016
I have edited most of the signatures from separation to last seen
Thanks
There are a lot of people who have last met their spouse in 2019-2020 but have been trying to get them to Canada for longer or married for longer and are not able to do so because of immigration.

Reactions: F@l

Moazali6

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Reactions: F@l and iravlad

Quesask1

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
As a suggestion for our draft

We are a category of Express Entry (CEC class) inland applicants, having accompanying outland dependents in our files. The AOR of some of us is 2019; all Express Entry process stages marked passed or have security left as per GCMS notes. Many of us have not seen their families for 12, 15, 19, 24+ months, as travel restrictions banning from non-essential travel do not allow primary applicants to quit Canada. Their families cannot come to Canada as well due to the widespread IRCC refusals to enter temporarily even for family reunification purpose.

The worst part is that per last IRCC procedural provisions, the PR files of our category are not finalized due to the labelled «inability of overseas dependents to travel”. In fact, it is just the opposite. As per June and October 8, 2020 travel exemptions, overseas dependents are able to enter Canada as the immediate family members of permanent and even temporary Canadian residents. It means that when a primary applicant gets COPR, dependents, as his immediate family, fall immediately under latest travel exemptions and having PRVs and COPRs can travel to Canada and land without an issue at the port of entry. Contradictorily, our PR files are on hold due to this apparently artificial "inabilty of dependents to travel". For that reason some of our PR files are untouched by the IRCC officers since the middle of 2020 being in a queue for final review.

Moreover, in spite of existing travel restrictions currently we observe numeral PPRs issued by the IRCC to the outland applicants of FSW and PNP EE streams. It turns that currently we are the only EE category neglected by the IRCC in terms of finalizing of the PR files. To underline, the only one Express Entry category separated with their families. All this sounds so inhuman towards the long-suffering families.

PR finalization is the only and much awaited way to reunite for our families. We plead you to reconsider IRCC provision that holds PR files of inland applicant with overseas dependents from finalization as their families are authorized to travel and ready to comply with every safety requirement.
But some are under PNP category too if we can mention this as well?

Moazali6

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Hi All,
we received a great response from you guys in signing the document and we hope to get more signatures by tomorrow before we forward our petition to the parliamentary committee.
None of us can guarantee what the outcome might be or how effective will be but we can sleep without regrets that at least we tried the best we could do. I would like to thank @legalfalcon for showing us the right direction to help us raise our issue.
Also huge shoutout to @iravlad and @F@l for doing all the hard work they did for past few days. you guys are awesome !!!
Thank you,