+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Preparing to go to canada

canloverdream

Jun 21, 2010
Hi all just recieved my pr visa in accra. I have been researching where best to settle and just want to know if anyone knows nrth york area well. or mississagua. i am looking for a family orientated area since we dont know anyone in canada. Any sugesstions will helpful. Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i've lived in north york for some time. i don't know if the area is family oriented. other than secondary schools/high schools, i rarely find any elementary school children in the streets. i rarely seen any family activities in few parks there.

in comparison, burnaby and downtown vancouver, i think is more family oriented. at least, i can see families activities in the parks, green belts and pne over there.

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
Canlover, I have been trying to reply your mail to me but your inbox was full! Please reduce your inbox so that you can receive mails.

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
Vancouver is an expensive place to settle down in,by the accounts of some people who have commented about it in this forum. If you have enough dough and you don't mind,no wahala. I hear that there are Nigerian communities in Edmonton and Calgary of Alberta province.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that's a relatively old post. the op is now interest in mississauga and pickering. any ideas?

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
steaky said:
that's a relatively old post. the op is now interest in mississauga and pickering. any ideas?
No idea. What province are those areas in?

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
Ah! I do know that there are lots of opportunities in the Ontario province. Mississuaga and Pickering sound like small towns,not sure of the opportunities there. I doubt you'll get much info here but since you'll be landing soon,you can go check out the place on your own for a while before deciding to settle there. Alternatively,there are online resources you can use to check out the place. just google the names of these places and see what comes up. Hope that helps.