+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre-Arrival Services Email Timeline

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
I know most of you are eager to get PPR, and I don't blame you, I was just as anxious or maybe more when awaiting PPR :) but don't forget to actually sign up for pre-arrival services!

At a recent meeting with IRCC (CIC) and other pre-arrival services we noted that many people just focus on waiting for PPR and disregard the pre-arrival part. It is proven that arriving prepared makes a huge difference when it comes to settling more easily, experiencing less culture shock, integrating better into the community, and finding a job more easily. That's why the government is funding these services. If you're coming to Manitoba, the Immigrant Centre Pre-Arrival Centre can help. For other provinces, I can recommend pre-arrival services in your city :) if you speak French, Spanish, Chinese or Tagalog, I can recommend services in your language too.

cheche15

Oct 10, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MVO
I know most of you are eager to get PPR, and I don't blame you, I was just as anxious or maybe more when awaiting PPR :) but don't forget to actually sign up for pre-arrival services!

At a recent meeting with IRCC (CIC) and other pre-arrival services we noted that many people just focus on waiting for PPR and disregard the pre-arrival part. It is proven that arriving prepared makes a huge difference when it comes to settling more easily, experiencing less culture shock, integrating better into the community, and finding a job more easily. That's why the government is funding these services. If you're coming to Manitoba, the Immigrant Centre Pre-Arrival Centre can help. For other provinces, I can recommend pre-arrival services in your city :) if you speak French, Spanish, Chinese or Tagalog, I can recommend services in your language too.
hello,
i received a pre-arrival last feb 9 together with change status of my bgc in gckey from in progress to in process..i will be coming to winnipeg, manitoba..can i know where to take the one you said, immigrant center? fyi last dec 2017 i took the pre-arrival seminar under planning to canada the 2 days session (funded by canada govt here in phil) is that the same with what you are reffering?

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
hello,
i received a pre-arrival last feb 9 together with change status of my bgc in gckey from in progress to in process..i will be coming to winnipeg, manitoba..can i know where to take the one you said, immigrant center? fyi last dec 2017 i took the pre-arrival seminar under planning to canada the 2 days session (funded by canada govt here in phil) is that the same with what you are reffering?
Hello Cheche,

Thank you for your message. To register for the Immigrant Centre Pre-Arrival Centre please visit www.ic-pac.com and / or email pre-arrival@ic-pac.com; if you email, include in your email whether you prefer to receive services in English or Tagalog . The Planning for Canada session is different, both services are funded by the Canadian government and provide different services. The Immigrant Centre Pre-Arrival Centre provides webinars and one-on-one assistance with information very specific to Manitoba, like the health system, how to enroll children in school, housing in Manitoba, etc. as well as referrals to Manitoban organizations. It is encouraged to receive both (Planning for Canada and Immigrant Centre Pre-Arrival Centre).

Reactions: cheche15

cheche15

Oct 10, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MVO
Hello Cheche,

Thank you for your message. To register for the Immigrant Centre Pre-Arrival Centre please visit www.ic-pac.com and / or email pre-arrival@ic-pac.com; if you email, include in your email whether you prefer to receive services in English or Tagalog . The Planning for Canada session is different, both services are funded by the Canadian government and provide different services. The Immigrant Centre Pre-Arrival Centre provides webinars and one-on-one assistance with information very specific to Manitoba, like the health system, how to enroll children in school, housing in Manitoba, etc. as well as referrals to Manitoban organizations. It is encouraged to receive both (Planning for Canada and Immigrant Centre Pre-Arrival Centre).
ohhh thanks, i will do that this coming weeks...that’s a big help on my part..

Reactions: permafrost_can

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
I just wrote this in the sept discussion but it would be handy to have the pre-arrival included in the updatable spreadsheets.

Reactions: canuser

lileka

Sep 20, 2017
If you got the letter on February 14th, it's too soon :) you will get PPR in a few weeks, hopefully. And while you wait, if you are coming to Manitoba, you can get pre-arrival services from the organization where I work :)

Hi Jaywill, I asked a few people and they said it's average or a bit faster than average for those applying through the Paris VO, sounds like it's between 3 and 5 weeks for most. But I don't have that many clients from the Paris VO, so I don't really have that many points of data to form a solid opinion.
Yes, looking forward to getting PPR soon, it's been too long :)
Thank you for your offer, but I'm already in Canada :)

cheche15

Oct 10, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MVO
Hello Cheche,

i can start now on this one, yesterday i got my passport request after 10 days from PPR :)

JASBIR KAUR

Jul 18, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
15-16-2017
AOR Received.
06-04-2017
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
27-06-2017
Passport Req..
Wait

CarleyDT

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Chapleau Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
27-07-2017
Med's Request
04-08-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017 (asked for extension on deadline)
Tomorrow (February 23) it will be 4 weeks since we got Pre-Arrival services email.
Does anybody know what is the maximum amount of time between Pre-Arrival and PPR?

Hopefully we get PPR soon...
But our GC Key STILL says they are reviewing my husbands eligibility, and the BG has not started yet. HMM

cmay

Feb 22, 2018
Tomorrow (February 23) it will be 4 weeks since we got Pre-Arrival services email.
Does anybody know what is the maximum amount of time between Pre-Arrival and PPR?

Hopefully we get PPR soon...
But our GC Key STILL says they are reviewing my husbands eligibility, and the BG has not started yet. HMM
Hello, newbie here. We are also waiting for our PPR. Pinas din ako so just assuming na Manila VO din. Did you email to ask which office is processing your application? Thanks :)