+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre arrival letter - can I now get RAMQ?

hanzi

Jul 28, 2021
Hi, I'm Aussie and my Canadian partner is sponsoring me for PR Family Class Outland. We have just arrived in Quebec and hoping my PR application finishes processing before my 6 month visitor visa expires.

I have received my Pre Arrival letter and also now been approved for CSQ - just wondering if I am now eligible for RAMQ? I called them but they were a bit confused - does anyone know if I need to receive my Acceptance Letter before being eligible for Health Care in Quebec?

TIA!

freddieMercury

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Hi, I'm Aussie and my Canadian partner is sponsoring me for PR Family Class Outland. We have just arrived in Quebec and hoping my PR application finishes processing before my 6 month visitor visa expires.

I have received my Pre Arrival letter and also now been approved for CSQ - just wondering if I am now eligible for RAMQ? I called them but they were a bit confused - does anyone know if I need to receive my Acceptance Letter before being eligible for Health Care in Quebec?

TIA!
Hello @hanzi do you have any updates on this?
I am in the same situation.

Curious_Man

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
I'd love to know the answer to this, I'm in the same shues. Also, I've been working remotely from Canada long enough now that I've become a Canadian resident for tax purposes - yet I'm ineligible for RAMQ apperantly although this was before the pre-arrival letter...

freddieMercury

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
I'd love to know the answer to this, I'm in the same shues. Also, I've been working remotely from Canada long enough now that I've become a Canadian resident for tax purposes - yet I'm ineligible for RAMQ apperantly although this was before the pre-arrival letter...
I believe you can, but to get it, you have to schedule a date for them to call you, and when you go online to schedule the call, there are no available time slots for them to call you!
LOL, typical Québec gov.
https://www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/fr/nous-joindre/prendre-rendez-vous-telephonique

Maybe, you could try calling there directly, or something similar.... good luck.

Curious_Man

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
I believe you can, but to get it, you have to schedule a date for them to call you, and when you go online to schedule the call, there are no available time slots for them to call you!
LOL, typical Québec gov.
https://www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/fr/nous-joindre/prendre-rendez-vous-telephonique

Maybe, you could try calling there directly, or something similar.... good luck.
Hmm I'll take a look. I think we're in the same situation - applied as outland but married and living together in Quebec. Btw I see in your signature that your eligibility and background have been completed. Do you get an email update on that - or how do you know? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: freddieMercury

freddieMercury

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Hmm I'll take a look. I think we're in the same situation - applied as outland but married and living together in Quebec. Btw I see in your signature that your eligibility and background have been completed. Do you get an email update on that - or how do you know? Thanks in advance!
I saw it on the new PR Sponsorship Tracking Portal.
How to register: https://prt-srp.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/register

yeah... true we're the same lol, I've been in Quebec now for a long time, working remotely for an American company and paying taxes here LOL and I can't even get the RAMQ....

anyways... the day I get my COPR will register for the RAMQ, less headache that way IMO.

Curious_Man

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
I saw it on the new PR Sponsorship Tracking Portal.
How to register: https://prt-srp.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/register

yeah... true we're the same lol, I've been in Quebec now for a long time, working remotely for an American company and paying taxes here LOL and I can't even get the RAMQ....

anyways... the day I get my COPR will register for the RAMQ, less headache that way IMO.
Wow! I didn't know about this link - that's amazing! Just found out eligibility, background are also completed! Yay! Thanks! Fingers crossed we'll get the CSQ soon!

• Love
Reactions: freddieMercury