+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Rejection & Appeal

athi_prakash

Star Member
Aug 29, 2022
My PR application got rejected today. The content of the letter is,

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.
In addition, according to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act:
11.2 An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent residence to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make such an application if – at the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their application – the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or does not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) and were consequently issued the invitation.

Section 11.2 of the Act requires that information provided in your Express Entry Profile concerning your eligibility to be invited to apply (10.3(1)(e)) as well as the qualifications on the basis of which you were ranked (10.3(1)(h)) be valid both at the time the invitation was issued and at the time the application for permanent residence is received.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invited you to apply for permanent resident status based on the qualifications you claimed in your Express Entry profile. In your Express Entry profile you indicated that you possessed 50 points for the following foreign work experience:
2011-12 to 2016-07 - Senior Software Engineer (NOC: 2173) - at Tecnotree Convergence Private Limited

Upon review of your application and submission including your letter of employment, I am not satisfied that you possess the foreign work experience as declared. More specifically, I find that there is insufficient evidence on file to satisfy me on a balance of probabilities that you have been remunerated by the payment of wages or a commission for your declared foreign work experience. It has therefore not been included in the calculation of your foreign work experience.
This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your round of invitation, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System.
As I have found that you no longer possess the qualification on the basis of which you were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h), you no longer meet the requirements of Section 11.2 of Act

athi_prakash

Star Member
Aug 29, 2022
In short, my application was rejected because the salary was not mentioned in the employment verification letter.
Too bad, the officer could have asked for additional document and I would have provided it.
Anyway since it has happened, I am planning to appeal the rejection, while also simultaneously create another EE profile and wait for the draw.
Have reached out to an attorney to begin the appeal process.

If any one here has experience in the appeal process please let me know what can I expect from it.