+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR photos problem

soulhealer95

May 23, 2018
hey all,

I submitted my PR application a month ago, and I just noticed something about Having DOB and name etc on the back of the photo. I only uploaded the front of the photo which looked similar to the sample photos on their website.

How big of a deal is it?
Will they outright reject whole application or ask me for another set of photos to upload or send with my passport should everything else be good?

Please advise. Thanks!

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
hey all,

I submitted my PR application a month ago, and I just noticed something about Having DOB and name etc on the back of the photo. I only uploaded the front of the photo which looked similar to the sample photos on their website.

How big of a deal is it?
Will they outright reject whole application or ask me for another set of photos to upload or send with my passport should everything else be good?

Please advise. Thanks!
I'm pretty sure the Digital Photo you upload in your online PR application does not need anything written on the back (hence you don't need to upload the backside)

This should only be the case when you physically have to send in photos (e.g. PR Card application, Canadian passport for citizens)

It's an unclear topic, but to me:
(1) it's nonsensical to upload the backside of a photo in an online application, as this could extremely easily be tempered with and doesn't verify anything
(2) The context in which I see the requirement mentioned on canada.ca, makes it seem that they're referring to sending physical copies to them

Last edited:

soulhealer95

May 23, 2018
I'm pretty sure the Digital Photo you upload in your online PR application does not need anything written on the back (hence you don't need to upload the backside)

This should only be the case when you physically have to send in photos (e.g. PR Card application, Canadian passport for citizens)

It's an unclear topic, but to me:
(1) it's nonsensical to upload the backside of a photo in an online application, as this could extremely easily be tempered with and doesn't verify anything
(2) The context in which I see the requirement mentioned on canada.ca, makes it seem that they're referring to sending physical copies to them
What you're saying makes sense however I confused due to this Article: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/photo.html
It says to use this guide for the PR Application but the samples only have the front, hence the confusion.

Also, Is there a separate application for the PR Card after this application is approved where they ask for physical photos?

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
What you're saying makes sense however I confused due to this Article: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/photo.html
It says to use this guide for the PR Application but the samples only have the front, hence the confusion.

Also, Is there a separate application for the PR Card after this application is approved where they ask for physical photos?
Note that the dimension requirements (50mm x 70mm) for these photos are also different from the Digital Photos in the online PR application (35mm x 45mm). This page can't possibly be referring to the Digital Photos.

Photos for the PR Card have to be sent in after your application has been approved.

Reactions: soulhealer95

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Note that the dimension requirements (50mm x 70mm) for these photos are also different from the Digital Photos in the online PR application (35mm x 45mm). This page can't possibly be referring to the Digital Photos.

Photos for the PR Card have to be sent in after your application has been approved.
So the digital photo we use for PR application will not be used for the PR card?