+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR landing with cough and colds

chonji1226

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Hi all,

We're about to do our PR landing tomorrow, unfortunately after spending a few weeks in our home country we seem to have acquired a virus that developed to cough and colds.

Will this be a problem? Should we postpone our flight? I hate to re-book because it will be expensive but is there a risk of getting denied if we show up at the border with a runny nose and coughing?

My cough has just started, I will try my best to get better but not sure if it will get worse tomorrow during our flight.

Your thoughts please.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi all,

We're about to do our PR landing tomorrow, unfortunately after spending a few weeks in our home country we seem to have acquired a virus that developed to cough and colds.

Will this be a problem? Should we postpone our flight? I hate to re-book because it will be expensive but is there a risk of getting denied if we show up at the border with a runny nose and coughing?

My cough has just started, I will try my best to get better but not sure if it will get worse tomorrow during our flight.

Your thoughts please.
While it might not be very enjoyable for the CBSA officer who processes your landing, a cold or cough is not a public health hazard rendering you inadmissible. The decision on whether you feel fit enough to travel is yours to make.

Reactions: chonji1226