+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR landing from USA to Montreal on flight

ShreeS

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Hi,

Just thinking about PR soft landing from US to Montreal for 3 or 4 days. Just planning to cover vacation to Montreal and PR landing. Is this possible? If so any possible difficulties? I have valid US visa to come back.

If montreal not possible.. will think about Ottawa.

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
Be aware that you cannot land as PR in Montreal unless

a) you were granted PR through quebec's provincial nomination.

b) you have a connecting flight out of Quebec

Last edited:

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Three business days is more than enough to get your SIN and open a bank account.

The point about landing in Quebec is valid - don't do that unless you were invited by Quebec. You can always land in Toronto or Ottawa, get your work done, and then take the train to Montreal to enjoy the real poutine and Quebecois culture.

The train from Ottawa takes about 2 hours and is pretty cheap. From Toronto, it's around 6 hours.

Reactions: ShreeS

reddyr101

Apr 25, 2018
Hi,

Just thinking about PR soft landing from US to Montreal for 3 or 4 days. Just planning to cover vacation to Montreal and PR landing. Is this possible? If so any possible difficulties? I have valid US visa to come back.

If montreal not possible.. will think about Ottawa.
I have personally landed by road St. Armand QC though my PR application says Ottawa. I did not face any difficulties from CBSA. They just asked me very casually where was I planning to settle. I said either Ottawa or Calgary. No problems. I am not sure how would it be if you were flying into Montreal.

During my landing I went to Montreal first then to Ottawa and came back through Upstate NY.

jnt211

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
New York
App. Filed.......
08-08-2018
I have personally landed by road St. Armand QC though my PR application says Ottawa. I did not face any difficulties from CBSA. They just asked me very casually where was I planning to settle. I said either Ottawa or Calgary. No problems. I am not sure how would it be if you were flying into Montreal.

During my landing I went to Montreal first then to Ottawa and came back through Upstate NY.
Hi. How recently did you land in St Armand? We applied through Ontario but would like to land in St Armand but have read mixed about having issues if we didn't apply to Quebec