PR in 42 days

icccc

Jul 19, 2018
Hi guys,

just wanna share my PR application experience with everyone:

Apr 21, ITA
June 07 , AOR
June 20, Medical passed
July 11, received email from CIC agent about landing interview , online profile remained unchaged
July 19, landing interview at etobicoke office, COPR

it is strange that the only update i got in my cic profile is the medical passed one, then it went straight to landing interview appointment(and they only asked me to bring passport and two ID photos). They didnt even send me passport request, just emailed me to go in for landing interview.. had anyone have similar experience ? my cic profile still says in progess but i already got my COPR today after the landing interview.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Hi guys,

just wanna share my PR application experience with everyone:

Apr 21, ITA
June 07 , AOR
June 20, Medical passed
July 11, received email from CIC agent about landing interview , online profile remained unchaged
July 19, landing interview at etobicoke office, COPR

it is strange that the only update i got in my cic profile is the medical passed one, then it went straight to landing interview appointment(and they only asked me to bring passport and two ID photos). They didnt even send me passport request, just emailed me to go in for landing interview.. had anyone have similar experience ? my cic profile still says in progess but i already got my COPR today after the landing interview.
Do you mean update as in a message? I didn't receive an update even for MEP. I only got one when they requested additional documents (PCC).

If you're from a VWP country they won't do a PPR, or at least not the original (physical) copy. From what I've heard, they instead would allow a photoscan of it, but I suppose since you had the landing interview planned anyway they just wrapped up the process at that point?

If you have a COPR you are officially a Permanent Resident, and can start working/studying/whatever. Be sure to preserve this document extremely well - it's your proof of being a Permanent Resident. You should start applying for a PR Card.

icccc

Jul 19, 2018
Do you mean update as in a message? I didn't receive an update even for MEP. I only got one when they requested additional documents (PCC).

If you're from a VWP country they won't do a PPR, or at least not the original (physical) copy. From what I've heard, they instead would allow a photoscan of it, but I suppose since you had the landing interview planned anyway they just wrapped up the process at that point?

If you have a COPR you are officially a Permanent Resident, and can start working/studying/whatever. Be sure to preserve this document extremely well.

im not from a VWP country , but yea i got my COPR today and they say PR card will be mailed to me in 6-8 weeks.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
im not from a VWP country , but yea i got my COPR today and they say PR card will be mailed to me in 6-8 weeks.
Probably because you're already residing in Canada then - the main point of a PPR is to provide a visa-stamp for non-VWP nationalities, so that they're able to enter Canada and obtain their COPR.

icccc

Jul 19, 2018
Probably because you're already residing in Canada then - the main point of a PPR is to provide a visa-stamp for non-VWP nationalities, so that they're able to enter Canada and obtain their COPR.

i see. thank you!