+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR holder, wants work permit for spouse

g.karishma

Apr 15, 2008
Hello,

My brother currently holds a PR from Canada. He is planning to get married to an Indian Resident sometime next year. What I would like to know is how is it possible to obtain a work permit for my future sister-in-law? How soon can she start working after arrival in Canada. Is there something called a dependant Visa? If so what are the procedures that my brother in Canada, and his Fiance in India can undertake right now, so as to ensure that she can work as soon as possible?

Regards.

K

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

g.karishma said:
Hello,

My brother currently holds a PR from Canada. He is planning to get married to an Indian Resident sometime next year. What I would like to know is how is it possible to obtain a work permit for my future sister-in-law? How soon can she start working after arrival in Canada. Is there something called a dependant Visa? If so what are the procedures that my brother in Canada, and his Fiance in India can undertake right now, so as to ensure that she can work as soon as possible?

Regards.

K
Once he has married and then returned to Canada, he can submit a sponsorship application for his wife. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

PMM