+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR federal file transferred to local (Montreal) visa office

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
hi,
my PR (federal stage) application status has changed from "in progress" back to "Application received" and after call CIC, they have confirmed that my file was transferred to the local visa office (Montreal).
my timeline is:
AOR 2018 Aug
FN 2018 Oct
nothing else, there is no medical, nothing. so far, I have waited 18 months and just yesterday, the status changed back to "application received"... I can't wait for another 18 months, my closed work permit will finish in a few months.
now I want to know if anyone has any experience with Montreal Visa Office? is it fast? usually how long I need to wait more?

thank you
Ayuki

Nadia_Zzz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Hi,
we are in the same situation, same timeline and same local visa office.
Is this a good signal about file transfer?

shivavishu

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
hi,
my PR (federal stage) application status has changed from "in progress" back to "Application received" and after call CIC, they have confirmed that my file was transferred to the local visa office (Montreal).
my timeline is:
AOR 2018 Aug
FN 2018 Oct
nothing else, there is no medical, nothing. so far, I have waited 18 months and just yesterday, the status changed back to "application received"... I can't wait for another 18 months, my closed work permit will finish in a few months.
now I want to know if anyone has any experience with Montreal Visa Office? is it fast? usually how long I need to wait more?

thank you
Ayuki
Same thing happened to me
AR Aug 2018
Is file transferred to ottawa in June 2019
Now exact at 18 months completion day file transferred to halifax 20 feb 2020. Never ever heard about that office. Anybody has any idea?