+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR extension for minors

dudeinus

Jun 12, 2008
Hello,

I have a son who is 10 years old. I have been living in US for over 5 years now. We landed in Canada 2 months ago and returned to US immediately. My PR eligibility is till 2013. Now, I am planning to return to my home country along with my family.

Since my son is a minor, is there any procedure that lets him hold his PR status in Canada till he becomes a major? My friend's daughter had GC in US but was pursuing education in India. So she was unable to visit US every 6 months for next 4 years. She applied for exemption (as GC requires them to enter US at least once in 6 months) as was granted the necessary exemption as he was minor and had valid case.

Is there anything similar exemption procedures with the PR? Please advise.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dudeinus said:
Hello,

I have a son who is 10 years old. I have been living in US for over 5 years now. We landed in Canada 2 months ago and returned to US immediately. My PR eligibility is till 2013. Now, I am planning to return to my home country along with my family.

Since my son is a minor, is there any procedure that lets him hold his PR status in Canada till he becomes a major? My friend's daughter had GC in US but was pursuing education in India. So she was unable to visit US every 6 months for next 4 years. She applied for exemption (as GC requires them to enter US at least once in 6 months) as was granted the necessary exemption as he was minor and had valid case.

Is there anything similar exemption procedures with the PR? Please advise.
No., use it or lose it.

PMM