+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR express entry CEC application validity -if you apply after IEC visa expires

rjoy

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Hi,

I'm just seeing if anyone can advise if they'd know if the validity of your PR application may change if you were late to apply (through fault of the online systems)

My PR is in progress now, but it was submitted 1 week after my IEC visa expired (I missed the deadline to get implied status).

I was therefore out of status at the time I applied and I am wondering if this will affect the final outcome of the PR decision - as the "valid job offer" may be affected (I am on leave from my current employer for 3 months now until I get a work permit of some kind, so technically it is still a valid job but I had to legally stop working)
and also having legal status at the time of applying would be affected - would any of these things affect the PR and make IRCC question the application? Or even make certain things in my application invalid and cause my points to drop? (The points I got invited under were 471 - which was the exact cut off at the time)

Any advice would be very much appreciated, thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I'm just seeing if anyone can advise if they'd know if the validity of your PR application may change if you were late to apply (through fault of the online systems)

My PR is in progress now, but it was submitted 1 week after my IEC visa expired (I missed the deadline to get implied status).

I was therefore out of status at the time I applied and I am wondering if this will affect the final outcome of the PR decision - as the "valid job offer" may be affected (I am on leave from my current employer for 3 months now until I get a work permit of some kind, so technically it is still a valid job but I had to legally stop working)
and also having legal status at the time of applying would be affected - would any of these things affect the PR and make IRCC question the application? Or even make certain things in my application invalid and cause my points to drop? (The points I got invited under were 471 - which was the exact cut off at the time)

Did you claim the 50 points for having a valid job offer? Did your employer obtain an approved LMIA to support the job offer?

rjoy

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Did you claim the 50 points for having a valid job offer? Did your employer obtain an approved LMIA to support the job offer?
Hi, I claimed I had a valid job offer, but I also claimed that I did not have a positive LMIA. So I'm not sure if I claimed the 50 points - but I do/did have a job offer when I got the invitation and before applying.
My crs points on invitation were 471 (and i just checked now on crs calculator and even if I claim that I don't have a valid job offer, it still gives me 471 points - for 1 year canadian experience, and two years foreign) but my PR application asked for a valid job offer.
When I log into my online account, I can only see my submitted documents for the PR application, and not the application itself. I have just requested GCMS notes too, so maybe that will tell me...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I claimed I had a valid job offer, but I also claimed that I did not have a positive LMIA. So I'm not sure if I claimed the 50 points - but I do/did have a job offer when I got the invitation and before applying.
My crs points on invitation were 471 (and i just checked now on crs calculator and even if I claim that I don't have a valid job offer, it still gives me 471 points - for 1 year canadian experience, and two years foreign) but my PR application asked for a valid job offer.
When I log into my online account, I can only see my submitted documents for the PR application, and not the application itself. I have just requested GCMS notes too, so maybe that will tell me...
It doesn't sound like you would have gotten points for having a job offer. You would need to have an approved LMIA to claim the 50 points.

If you haven't done so already, apply to restore your status. You are supposed to have valid status in Canada when applying for PR through an economic immigration stream from within Canada.

chunjea93

Mar 19, 2021
Hi,

Hi i am in similar situation. Did yoi manage to get your status restored or get your pr?