+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

Bruzman

May 16, 2023
I provided a different email than the account I already had. I got the P2 email after 24 days. But I've heard of people getting it in a similar timeframe when they provided an existing account email, so it seems like it doesn't really matter.
Used existing email. Got p2 in 11 days

Reactions: Andres0

Harrygill001

Dec 19, 2023
Hey,
I need an advice from you. I have been working on this 'Tier 0' Job (skilled occupation) to fulfill my PR application requirements. My current job is 'Construction Project Coordinator' which is really stressful and I normally end up working 12 to 16 hours.

I got P1 email on Nov 28, 2023. Does this mean that application processing has been done and final decision has been made?
Because I would love to quit my current job and do something simple (normal job or maybe have some break) for a bit. But I am worried if quitting my current 'skilled job' will have any impact on my PR application.

My guess is that P1 email is sent when final decision has been made. Could any of you please confirm this.
I would really appreciate your help/ advice.
Thanks

Andres0

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
About the PR card, how do we go about linking it in GC key?
Also, will I be able to track the PR card?
I think it was something like "link paper application" even though it's all online now. I've heard some people have trouble linking it and have to try entering lots of different combinations of info to finally find the application. It's important to match the info on the eCOPR exactly. I'm gonna wait until next week or so before I try linking it to give it some time to appear in the system.

I believe you're supposed to get two ghost updates and it will show when the card has been mailed.

Reactions: Mayhum

Andres0

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Hey,
I need an advice from you. I have been working on this 'Tier 0' Job (skilled occupation) to fulfill my PR application requirements. My current job is 'Construction Project Coordinator' which is really stressful and I normally end up working 12 to 16 hours.

I got P1 email on Nov 28, 2023. Does this mean that application processing has been done and final decision has been made?
Because I would love to quit my current job and do something simple (normal job or maybe have some break) for a bit. But I am worried if quitting my current 'skilled job' will have any impact on my PR application.

My guess is that P1 email is sent when final decision has been made. Could any of you please confirm this.
I would really appreciate your help/ advice.
Thanks
Yes, the P1 email is sent when the final decision (approval) has been made. However, you're not a PR yet until you receive your eCOPR. Quitting your job may still have an impact on the application if it was relevant for your PR stream. You should check the section "Changes to your situation" in the P1 PDF you received if it mentions changes to your job. It's entirely possible to get approved, but not become a PR. For example, if you decide you're no longer interested (as mentioned in the P1 PDF). The P1 PDF also states: "If
you answer yes to any of the above, please provide details as further assessment may be required depending on your situation."

Note that this is just my opinion and not legal advice. I'm not an immigration consultant.

Reactions: Harrygill001

Harrygill001

Dec 19, 2023
Yes, the P1 email is sent when the final decision (approval) has been made. However, you're not a PR yet until you receive your eCOPR. Quitting your job may still have an impact on the application if it was relevant for your PR stream. You should check the section "Changes to your situation" in the P1 PDF you received if it mentions changes to your job. It's entirely possible to get approved, but not become a PR. For example, if you decide you're no longer interested (as mentioned in the P1 PDF). The P1 PDF also states: "If
you answer yes to any of the above, please provide details as further assessment may be required depending on your situation."

Note that this is just my opinion and not legal advice. I'm not an immigration consultant.
Thanks for sharing your opinion. It doesn't mention anything about the job in the section "Changes to your situation" in P1 PDF.
So, I think I should be fine .

Below are the only changes which were mentioned in the PDF:
 You get married, divorced, enter a common-law union, or become separated from your spouse.
 In the event of the death of
o the sponsor;
o the principal applicant; or
o any accompanying family member.
 You, or any of your family members, give birth to or adopt a child.
 You, or any of your family members, are charged or convicted of a criminal offence.
 You, or any of your family members, are no longer interested in becoming permanent residents of Canada.

Andres0

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Thanks for sharing your opinion. It doesn't mention anything about the job in the section "Changes to your situation" in P1 PDF.
So, I think I should be fine .

Below are the only changes which were mentioned in the PDF:
 You get married, divorced, enter a common-law union, or become separated from your spouse.
 In the event of the death of
o the sponsor;
o the principal applicant; or
o any accompanying family member.
 You, or any of your family members, give birth to or adopt a child.
 You, or any of your family members, are charged or convicted of a criminal offence.
 You, or any of your family members, are no longer interested in becoming permanent residents of Canada.
Oh, that's the same as mine. I see it mentions a sponsor. Is this a spousal sponsorship then? If that's the case then your job has no effect on the application at all. Or maybe the same PDF is sent to all applicants?

Harrygill001

Dec 19, 2023
Oh, that's the same as mine. I see it mentions a sponsor. Is this a spousal sponsorship then? If that's the case then your job has no effect on the application at all. Or maybe the same PDF is sent to all applicants?
No, it was through Alberta PNP. 1 Year experience in skilled ‘Tier 0’ job and 2 years of canadian college diploma was the requirement.

but i think since the final decision has been made. I don’t think they gonna go back and recheck the requirements or contact the employer or ask for any paystubs, right?

Andres0

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
No, it was through Alberta PNP. 1 Year experience in skilled ‘Tier 0’ job and 2 years of canadian college diploma was the requirement.

but i think since the final decision has been made. I don’t think they gonna go back and recheck the requirements or contact the employer or ask for any paystubs, right?
Oh, I see, they send the same PDF to all then. But I have no experience with PNP, so I can't answer that, sorry. Maybe someone else here knows better.

lumbardh.elshani

Star Member
Nov 6, 2023
ECopr has finally landed this morning
Processing office : Ontario

P1 - Nov 7 , 2023
P2 - Nov 8, 2023
Ecopr - Dec 29 , 2023.
It has ended I'm praise this year.
What a way to end the year.
All glory to God.
I pray everyone expecting theirs comes through speedily.
Congrats! What is your eCOPR expiry date?