+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal in 2018. Processing times increasing constantly.

gecamom

Jun 5, 2018
The processing times for a PR card renewal was 80 days when I applied in March. We planned a trip for mid-July which allowed 120 days. I thought this was playing it safe, since my travel in the last 5 years is about 7 days and I have been a PR for over 30 years, so I am not a complicated case. Now, suddenly, processing times have increased to 117 days and it looks like I may not get the card in time. Every week it gets longer. Does anyone know why the times keep increasing? What are your timelines? I have not received an AOR yet.

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
The processing times for a PR card renewal was 80 days when I applied in March. We planned a trip for mid-July which allowed 120 days. I thought this was playing it safe, since my travel in the last 5 years is about 7 days and I have been a PR for over 30 years, so I am not a complicated case. Now, suddenly, processing times have increased to 117 days and it looks like I may not get the card in time. Every week it gets longer. Does anyone know why the times keep increasing? What are your timelines? I have not received an AOR yet.
No clear explanation. A few rumors, including that they may be devoting more resources to citizenship applications given that there will be an election at some point in the next year. Probably just high volume of applications, slow gov't work, nothing more.

gecamom

Jun 5, 2018
No clear explanation. A few rumors, including that they may be devoting more resources to citizenship applications given that there will be an election at some point in the next year. Probably just high volume of applications, slow gov't work, nothing more.
It just seems odd that it would increase so quickly all of a sudden. from 80 days in mid April to 117 days at the end of May.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would guess resources have been reallocated. Switching a few people to a different department can make a big difference. You can always apply for a prtd.

gecamom

Jun 5, 2018
Would guess resources have been reallocated. Switching a few people to a different department can make a big difference. You can always apply for a prtd.
I don't think I can get a PRTD as we are only gone 2 weeks and we are travelling within Europe by plane during that time so I can't give up my passport for it any way. I am considering flying back through the US but it is a huge extra cost to change flights. I really can't get stuck in Europe, as I can't send my kids home without me. They are citizens.

knd27

Aug 15, 2018
Any update on the outcome?? I'm in a similar situation.

I don't think I can get a PRTD as we are only gone 2 weeks and we are travelling within Europe by plane during that time so I can't give up my passport for it any way. I am considering flying back through the US but it is a huge extra cost to change flights. I really can't get stuck in Europe, as I can't send my kids home without me. They are citizens.

Parisam1

Mar 23, 2018
Hi
I ended up getting the card after 109 days, just in time for our trip. Thank god!
U have a question regarding PR renewal. As you have experiance. It has been 80 days for me and the processing time says 97 days.i still didnt get the application number or any contact or email from Cic to link my application online. just wondering does cic send you application number to link it online or you just recieved it on mail without any email from cic? please help

gecamom

Jun 5, 2018
Hi

U have a question regarding PR renewal. As you have experiance. It has been 80 days for me and the processing time says 97 days.i still didnt get the application number or any contact or email from Cic to link my application online. just wondering does cic send you application number to link it online or you just recieved it on mail without any email from cic? please help
Hi. I received my AOR email with an application number after 103 days. They sent my card out 6 days later. Processing times were 111 days at that point.

peiresident

Aug 29, 2018
Hi there,
I applied for my PR card renewal in May 2018. Per Canada Post tracker, the application was delivered on 5/17/18. I have not received any e-mails since then. Two weeks ago I checked ecas status since I had my citizenship application in process. There is a new section now for PR card renewal. It says the application received on 5/17. No mention of AOR. It's been like that for past two weeks. The overall time since the application received is more than 100 days now. On the web-site, the processing time shows as 97 days. Is there any reason to start worrying or it's normal?

Last edited:

dartp

Apr 14, 2018
Yea, I know. IT'S crazy. I got mine after more or less three months. I think it'

dartp

Apr 14, 2018
I think it's because they have a lot of applications being processed which is beyond any applicant's control. Hope this helps.

Sharpie

Jun 28, 2018
Hi there,
I applied for my PR card renewal in May 2018. Per Canada Post tracker, the application was delivered on 5/17/18. I have not received any e-mails since then. Two weeks ago I checked ecas status since I had my citizenship application in process. There is a new section now for PR card renewal. It says the application received on 5/17. No mention of AOR. It's been like that for past two weeks. The overall time since the application received is more than 100 days now. On the web-site, the processing time shows as 97 days. Is there any reason to start worrying or it's normal?
Hi there,

What does it says on the online status?
Mine shows this:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 22, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on August 25, 2018.
And it says decision made on the right column.

Any thoughts? I’m leaving the country in less than a week. I’m ready to apply for PRTD. Still hoping it’ll arrive on time.

peiresident

Aug 29, 2018
Hi there,

What does it says on the online status?
Mine shows this:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 22, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on August 25, 2018.
And it says decision made on the right column.

Any thoughts? I’m leaving the country in less than a week. I’m ready to apply for PRTD. Still hoping it’ll arrive on time.
It just says "1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 17, 2018." Processing does not seem to be started. I submitted a request in the web-form but have not heard thus far. My guess is that they sent my application back to me since something was missing or incomplete. I have not received any letters from them