+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

hotshot45890

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
PR Card Renwal

I sent courier(canada post) on 12th Nov and it shows me delivered on 18th Nov 2020.

I have't received any email or confirmation.

Question:
1) is it normal because of covid? or my application is missed and I have to fill again?
2) How login it is taking now days to get renewal card?
It is normal. As of this last week individuals delivered around Nov 12th were getting AORs. With keeping that in mind you should get an acknowledgment over the next two weeks.

madhav_91

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
I moved to Canada in July 2020 and haven't received my PR card yet. Is there any way I can track it ?
Is calling the CIC office the only way?

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
PS: I have renewed my passport and I have a new one now (it took me 3 months from November to January)
Is your Pr card based on the old passport, and do you have to inform anyone about the new passport details? I am in a similar situation, will renew my passport after receiving my Pr card.

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Is your Pr card based on the old passport, and do you have to inform anyone about the new passport details? I am in a similar situation, will renew my passport after receiving my Pr card.
Just my personal opinion: (do not rely on that, since it’s just my personal opinion, and I can be wrong)

If you renew your passport after submitting your application, while your application is under process, I personally believe that the photocopy of the old passport you send to IRCC with your application will not be valid anymore, because they won’t have your current valid identification document anymore. Hence, if you’re planning to renew your passport after your card will be issued, and your current passport remain valid until your new card is issued, you’ll be fine.

Do not renew your passport while your application is under process, because your old passport will be invalid and you’re putting your application at risk of being rejected easily, due to lack of valid identification documents.

HZAKEREH

Jan 11, 2021
well i have sent both applocation PR renewal and Passport renewal at the same time...they received my PR renewal application on Oct 29th and my passport expired on November 4th (fee days afrer the receipt of PR app)..they have sent me the AOR on Jan 13th so for them my passport is expired if they are checking the papers i got them..hopefully they still approve my application...if they don't I have to apply again with valid passport which I have now and which will take me another 2/3 months to get my new card
I will call them on Monday at 3 pm (max wait time on the phone would be 30 mins) and see if this will cause a refusal or not to my application...I wish they could just contact us and ask for a copy of the renewed passport and they move on with processing the card

Reactions: Feb2004

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Just my personal opinion: (do not rely on that, since it’s just my personal opinion, and I can be wrong)

If you renew your passport after submitting your application, while your application is under process, I personally believe that the photocopy of the old passport you send to IRCC with your application will not be valid anymore, because they won’t have your current valid identification document anymore. Hence, if you’re planning to renew your passport after your card will be issued, and your current passport remain valid until your new card is issued, you’ll be fine.

Do not renew your passport while your application is under process, because your old passport will be invalid and you’re putting your application at risk of being rejected easily, due to lack of valid identification documents.
Thanks for your reply. I applied for PR card renewal in Oct 2020, now it is decision made. So will wait for the card to arrive and only then apply for passport renewal. Here in Canada Indian embassy wants a copy of valid PR card for new passport issuance.

Misakaswal

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
Hi all I need little help here can anybody tell me I got my copr from Hamilton office first week of January and they asked for one photo along with copr copy send to Hamilton office not Sydney NS I send those after two days I linked my Pr card application with my gc account and it says submitted and application no is there just want to know how this work did they print and produce Pr card from hamilton office or they send my documents to Sydney for production this is my first Pr card any timeline suggestions how long it will take to get Pr card or information regarding this please much appreciated

AJ JIPP

Star Member
Oct 2, 2015
PR card renewal application does not have passport validity as a requirement.

Reactions: Feb2004

Gemini62

Jan 17, 2021
Hi all,
Starting this new thread to have the PRC application updates of those who had submitted the application in 2020. You can share, update, get informed about the application timelines and processing progress.
Hi
My son had applied for his 1st PR renewal in January 2020. He has not received any communication from CIC . An official at the CIC office in Toronto said that it is slow because of COVID. Is any one else facing the same issue?

Dec 17, 2020
Hi
My son had applied for his 1st PR renewal in January 2020. He has not received any communication from CIC . An official at the CIC office in Toronto said that it is slow because of COVID. Is any one else facing the same issue?
Dear Sir, if he applied in January 2020, he should have got his new card by now. Covid made them slow, but not this slow either...chances are, either he missed some communication from them (asking for more documents), or other probable cases might be that they rejected his application on some technicality, or they lost his application. It is well over 365 days for him, and currently the "official" estimate for getting a renewed pr card is 95 days. You need to follow up with them, or may be put a new application (may be in urgent category this time). I wish him the very best of luck...thanks

Gemini62

Jan 17, 2021
Dear Sir, if he applied in January 2020, he should have got his new card by now. Covid made them slow, but not this slow either...chances are, either he missed some communication from them (asking for more documents), or other probable cases might be that they rejected his application on some technicality, or they lost his application. It is well over 365 days for him, and currently the "official" estimate for getting a renewed pr card is 95 days. You need to follow up with them, or may be put a new application (may be in urgent category this time). I wish him the very best of luck...thanks
Thank You . I will tell him to follow it up

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

squirr_z

Jan 17, 2021
Hi Friends. I am renewing my pr card and luckily find this place. I sent out my application on Jan 15, 2021.

I wonder if my CIC account would reflect the update that they receive my application? As I see many ppl here share the timelines and contain the information "We received your application for a permanent resident card on xxx, 2020", which looks like CIC would let you know that your application has been received.

vietpimp

Star Member
Jan 6, 2017
First PR Card - Sent my photo to IRCC Etobicoke on Nov 16 2020, tracking status changed to "Out for delivery" on Nov 19 and has been stuck at this status since then. I called Canada Post and they said my photo was in "IRCC's mailroom" and the status would not change until IRCC starts working on my application. Is anyone in the same situation?