+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card help needed

caditpro80

Nov 19, 2022
Hi,

I got my COPR and single-entry visa yesterday. I am planning to do a soft landing in 2023 for 1 week. (First Time coming to Canada). Unfortunately, I DON'T have friends and family in Canada.

considering I will be out of Canada after 1 week of stay in Montreal.

Can I use the UPS mailbox for PR card delivery?
Will the Border officer process my PR card? Considering I will be out of Canada after 1 week.

Please share your experience

Thanks

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Hi,

I got my COPR and single-entry visa yesterday. I am planning to do a soft landing in 2023 for 1 week. (First Time coming to Canada). Unfortunately, I DON'T have friends and family in Canada.

considering I will be out of Canada after 1 week of stay in Montreal.

Can I use the UPS mailbox for PR card delivery?
Will the Border officer process my PR card? Considering I will be out of Canada after 1 week.

Please share your experience

Thanks
The answer is no ,and you mentioning that unfortunately you dont have friends and family how does this relate to your immigration status and how are you planning to pick up your PR if you dont have an address in Canada , he average wait on the PR is around 45 days that could stretch to an additional undetermined period ,the least thing you can do is to arrive ,have a fixed residence get all the needed document for you to be considered as a resident ,Sin, medical card and then you can leave and come back as you wish ,your PR is not a four wall or a prison that you cannot cross ,should you leave after you arrive without having the PR how are you planning to collect your PR .because that will be the only way you can enter the country again .

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
The answer is no ,and you mentioning that unfortunately you dont have friends and family how does this relate to your immigration status and how are you planning to pick up your PR if you dont have an address in Canada , he average wait on the PR is around 45 days that could stretch to an additional undetermined period ,the least thing you can do is to arrive ,have a fixed residence get all the needed document for you to be considered as a resident ,Sin, medical card and then you can leave and come back as you wish ,your PR is not a four wall or a prison that you cannot cross ,should you leave after you arrive without having the PR how are you planning to collect your PR .because that will be the only way you can enter the country again .
I agree with @citizenshipcanada here, I don't see how a soft landing will help or change your situation in any way, as most documents like SIN, RAMQ, etc, will need a fixed address in Canada/Quebec to be processed. And no, PR card is not processed on the border by an agent.