+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Expiry Date

puran

May 12, 2008
I landed in canada in dec 2004 as PR with my family (wife and Children). Children are going to university. I have been living in canada and outside due to certain family oblogations. My stay in canada is about 8 months only. My PRC expire in dec 2009. Still I can complete 2 years stay here. BUT my question is if I am not able to complete 2 years WHAT WILL BE MY STATUS THEN. Second Question is Can I ENTER and LEAVE canada UNTIL the Expiry Date written on the PR CARD. OR I will be stopped to enter canada before that. Thanks in advance for any guidance. Puran

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

puran said:
I landed in canada in dec 2004 as PR with my family (wife and Children). Children are going to university. I have been living in canada and outside due to certain family oblogations. My stay in canada is about 8 months only. My PRC expire in dec 2009. Still I can complete 2 years stay here. BUT my question is if I am not able to complete 2 years WHAT WILL BE MY STATUS THEN. Second Question is Can I ENTER and LEAVE canada UNTIL the Expiry Date written on the PR CARD. OR I will be stopped to enter canada before that. Thanks in advance for any guidance. Puran
1. If you don't fulfill the residence requirements you will lose your PR status and be removed.
2. You can enter Canada, but as soon as you can longer meet the residency requirements, you will (probably) be reported. You will have 30 days to appeal the decision.

PMM

puran

May 12, 2008
Thankyou very much PMM for taking time to respond to my quarry. I will be greatful for little more guidance from you. In fact I am staying outside canada to support my childrens university education otherwise thats not possible. Surely I wish to be a canadian PR and ultimately a citizen too But I have to do this sacrifice for the family. At least they will get their citizenship and a brighter future. I also know thats not a valid arguement in the eyes of law for my PR Obligations SO no point to appeal. I feel I will not be able to complete 2 years of stay for myself. Now my question is 1) WILL MY WIFE OR CHILDREN BE ABLE TO SPONSOR ME AGAIN FOR PERMANANT RESIDENCE in Canada. 2) HOW the CANADIAN IMMIGRATION AUTHORITIES RESPOND TO THAT REQUEST. 3) CAN I STAY IN CANADA WHILE THE SECOND PR REQUEST IS IN PROCESS. With regards. Puran