+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application Form & Address on SIN card

low

Star Member
Dec 31, 2009
I was looking through the PR application form, and I noticed this particluar part that asks :

"Have you travelled or lived outside Canada in the last 5 years (or if you became a permanent resident less than 5 years ago, since becoming a permananet resident)?"

Obviously, as I've not landed I've been anywhere but Canada for the past 5 years, and on this basis, I should tick "Yes".

If I have tick "Yes", the document requires that I list all my absences which will definitely exceed 1095 days. This will lead me to Part D " Residency Obligation", where I have to indicate the reason why I've been outside of Canada exceeding 1095 days, and none of the 3 options are relevant to me as a new immigrant.

So, do I tick "Yes" or "No" to the very 1st question that I've written above. I find it truly confusing...

With regards to the question of SIN Card, is it possible for me to apply for a SIN Card with a BC mailling address in Toronto? Will the Service Canada office in Toronto reject my application on this basis?
All this is happening becoz my flight itinerary got screwed by my travel agency, and now I have to land in Vancouver but do not have enough time to complete all the other paperworks such as SIN card application and opening of banking account.

appreciate some adv frm the seniors so that i can minimize potential bombs tht might happen...

imigrate

Star Member
Nov 16, 2009
If you are landing for the first time, you do not need to fill in any form for PR card. It will be done automatically, all you need to do is to provide mailing address.

You can wait until you arrive in your destination to apply for SIN card.
If you want to put BC mailing address while applying for it in Toronto, that's fine too.