+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application at Nairobi office (Plz advise on waiting time)

gunesh

Dec 27, 2009
Hi,
I have applied for PR in canada via visa office in Nairobi. I have received acknowledgement letter from Nairobi dated end of July 2006 and it mentioned that I shall expect to hear from them in the next 24 months. When I checked my application status, it shows that my application has started to process on October 2006. Until now, my application is still in process - nearly 41 months have elapsed from the date I received the acknowlegement letter. No request for medical has been received from the embassy. Please advise how long it will take more to process and finalize the immigration procedure.
Thank & regards
Gunesh

gunesh

Dec 27, 2009
Hi
Please note that I did querry the embassy by e-mail in January 2009 regarding the status of my application and they replied that my case is still in process and I will soon be notify of the next action to take.
Until October 2009 no new reply from the embassy.
I requested my representative to querry the Embassy in Nairobi by e-mail, no new reply.
I personally querry the embassy by e-mail in November 2009, no new reply.

Can anyone advise me how to proceed or how long to wait or what to do?
When am I expect to receive request for medicals from the embassy?

Regards

gunesh

JC

Star Member
Aug 25, 2005
CHC Nairobi has a very long waiting time. Some applicants go back to early 2006 with no news. You should join http://www.trackitt.com and see where others who applied in Nairobi have reached. It is a bit discouraging especially since there has been little movement in recent times for any of the members registered in Nairobi.

JC

Star Member
Aug 25, 2005
This might shed some light on the cause of the delay in processing at the Nairobi office http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20091102/refugee_waittimes_091102/20091102 :(

mwan

Star Member
Jul 30, 2006
Hi Gunesh

my application also "started processing oct 2006" just wondering if you heard anything yet other than the letter asking if you are still interested in continuing the application. Other than that letter that I probably received 2-3 years ago I have never heard anything else! how unfortunate!

wan