PR after one year study

stealth08

Star Member
Oct 28, 2008
UK
Please could someone advise me if the following is possible in getting PR:

Apply to post-grad course that is a one year programme

then......

Apply for a work permit after completing the course (from what I have read I can get a one year work permit since the course will be one year)

then.....

Hopefully find a job in company that would sponsor me.

Thanks.

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes -very much possible.You will likely get a 2 yr study permit.After graduating you can apply for OCWP.In between you can work within campus and off campus after 6 month full time study.

Need more let me know..................

shahzad2002

Oct 23, 2010
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 May 2015
Doc's Request.
I hope not
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Habil said:
Yes -very much possible.You will likely get a 2 yr study permit.After graduating you can apply for OCWP.In between you can work within campus and off campus after 6 month full time study.

Need more let me know..................
if you are doing one year course than duration of study will be 8 month in one year course.
So 8 month study will be count.
On 8 months, u will get 8 months work permit. (some time one year , depend on mode of cic but not a rule)
when u finish ur 6 month u can apply for off campus work permit but it takes almost 2 months to complete the process.
So u will get at the end of 8th month or may be couple of weeks before.

best way is to go in saskatchwan.
if you do 6 month job there, u can apply for pr.

happygarcha

Champion Member
Jan 15, 2011
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11 May 2016 | App Received: May 16, 2016
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2016 December 16, 2016. Updated Schedule A request
Nomination.....
Approved
AOR Received.
24th August 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
May 02, 2017
Med's Done....
May 08, 2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
BG: 20 September, 2017 | DM: 02 December, 2017 | PPR: 07 December, 2017 (@5.30 PM Pacific Standard Time)
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
shahzad2002 said:
if you are doing one year course than duration of study will be 8 month in one year course.
So 8 month study will be count.
On 8 months, u will get 8 months work permit. (some time one year , depend on mode of cic but not a rule)
when u finish ur 6 month u can apply for off campus work permit but it takes almost 2 months to complete the process.
So u will get at the end of 8th month or may be couple of weeks before.

best way is to go in saskatchwan.
if you do 6 month job there, u can apply for pr.
sahahzad bhai i got my visa today i m gong to uni of regina for the course of administration level 2. How i can get pr by living saskatchewan easily plz do reply.... Plz send me detail of qualifications and ways to aply it on happygarcha2011@hotmail.com... M watng for reply

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
stealth08 said:
Please could someone advise me if the following is possible in getting PR:

Apply to post-grad course that is a one year programme

then......

Apply for a work permit after completing the course (from what I have read I can get a one year work permit since the course will be one year)

then.....

Hopefully find a job in company that would sponsor me.

Thanks.

Ok i am living here for one year and I think that I can help in this question...For one year study you will recieve only one year of working visa which is very less time but if you study for 2 years than you can get a permit for about 3 years and trust me that you can do alot in 3 years compared with one year.....The rules state that graduates of a post secondary institution in Canada which recieve atleast 50% of its funding from the government can apply for the post graduate work permit and if you study for 2 years , normally this permit is for 3 years..However, if you only want to study for a year than you will recieve a permit for one year only in which you cant do alot but you can go to saskatchewan after graduation and try to apply for their PNP nomination so you can later apply for PR.....My suggestion is that study for one more year and than atleast you can get a 3 years of permit...

+1 if you like my answer.

Reactions: gupt07ash

stealth08

Star Member
Oct 28, 2008
UK
icecool222 said:
Ok i am living here for one year and I think that I can help in this question...For one year study you will recieve only one year of working visa which is very less time but if you study for 2 years than you can get a permit for about 3 years and trust me that you can do alot in 3 years compared with one year.....The rules state that graduates of a post secondary institution in Canada which recieve atleast 50% of its funding from the government can apply for the post graduate work permit and if you study for 2 years , normally this permit is for 3 years..However, if you only want to study for a year than you will recieve a permit for one year only in which you cant do alot but you can go to saskatchewan after graduation and try to apply for their PNP nomination so you can later apply for PR.....My suggestion is that study for one more year and than atleast you can get a 3 years of permit...

icecool, thank you for your advice.

Are you doing a one year post grad course?

What if I find a job within that year and the company wants to keep me on? Then could I stay?

I would be moving from the UK. How do you like it there so far? Where you from?

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
stealth08 said:
icecool, thank you for your advice.

Are you doing a one year post grad course?

What if I find a job within that year and the company wants to keep me on? Then could I stay?

I would be moving from the UK. How do you like it there so far? Where you from?
I have lived in UK for one year and certainly Canada is better than UK, even though UK is very diverse, racial tensions in the UK are severe at points..No I am doing a 2 years course(diploma) because I want a 3 years PGWP..I am from india.

stealth08

Star Member
Oct 28, 2008
UK
icecool222 said:
I have lived in UK for one year and certainly Canada is better than UK, even though UK is very diverse, racial tensions in the UK are severe at points..No I am doing a 2 years course(diploma) because I want a 3 years PGWP..I am from india.
Yea you are quite right. Racism is bad in many parts of the UK. I am brown too, born in the UK. Where did you live in the UK? London is very multicultural so racism is lesser there than other places. I would do a two year course but I was not able to find a masters that I am interested in. Are you in Toronto?

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
stealth08 said:
Yea you are quite right. Racism is bad in many parts of the UK. I am brown too, born in the UK. Where did you live in the UK? London is very multicultural so racism is lesser there than other places. I would do a two year course but I was not able to find a masters that I am interested in. Are you in Toronto?
Yup london is better than other parts of UK, I lived near edinburgh and the racism there was extreme,There is racism here in Ontario as well but thats limited to small towns and generally bigger cities in Canada have very little racism.......if your a uk citizen why dont you go to the US??

shahzad2002

Oct 23, 2010
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 May 2015
Doc's Request.
I hope not
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
icecool222 said:

Everybody have his own opinion and his own budget to afford expensive.
Some people can afford 1 year fees.
Some people can afford 2 year fees.
May be you afford 2 year fees but i am not agree that there is no rule other than 2 year.
1 year rule is shortcut and beneficial as well.

Reactions: aravindsbabu

stealth08

Star Member
Oct 28, 2008
UK
icecool222 said:
Yup london is better than other parts of UK, I lived near edinburgh and the racism there was extreme,There is racism here in Ontario as well but thats limited to small towns and generally bigger cities in Canada have very little racism.......if your a uk citizen why dont you go to the US??
Yea I can imagine. I am interested in Canada because I have friends and family there. Do you like it over there? Are you in Toronto?

stealth08

Star Member
Oct 28, 2008
UK
shahzad2002 said:
Everybody have his own opinion and his own budget to afford expensive.
Some people can afford 1 year fees.
Some people can afford 2 year fees.
May be you afford 2 year fees but i am not agree that there is no rule other than 2 year.
1 year rule is shortcut and beneficial as well.
But how could I get PR from 1 year study route?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stealth08 said:
But how could I get PR from 1 year study route?
Yes, its possible to get PR after 1 year of study. There are different classes to apply as such like CEC, PNP. But the simplest (atleast on paper) is PNP. PNP is a program run by each province. Under PNP, you can apply as an International Graduate (Once you complete your studies). You need to have a permanent full time job offer and thereby worked for minimum 6 months before becoming eligible to file papers for PR.

but its little risky (I do not want to discourage anyone) to go for PR after 1 year of course.

I mean, after completing a 1 year course you are eligible to get one year of Post Graduate Work Permit (which is not renewable). So it mean you have to do "everything" in one year of short time, like

1. First apply for PG Work Permit with in 90 days of your course completion.

(keep in mind it takes minimum 3 months to get the same, and you can't work without having PG Work permit in your hand, however you can apply/search for jobs)

2. To get a permanent full time job

(Considering current economic situation in North America, its may be difficult to get a full time permanent job offer. Its possible but you need lots of networking and valuable skills which are in demand and I have reason to believe that 1 year is a "little short time" to get it done, especially for immigrants. Yes, to make things going on, there are plenty of Part time job options.)

so, why not try for a 2 year course which makes you eligible for a 3 year PGWP ?