+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR address

prem1965

Star Member
Apr 5, 2009
Iam planning to land in june/july.my idea is to land in toronto ,where as i have to give one of my friends address in vancouver for PR mail and collect it later.is it possible or i have to land in vancouve .pls advise me

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

prem1965 said:
Iam planning to land in june/july.my idea is to land in toronto ,where as i have to give one of my friends address in vancouver for PR mail and collect it later.is it possible or i have to land in vancouve .pls advise me
No that is fine.

PMM

luvcanada

Star Member
Mar 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ! PMM so basically it is not necessary to give the address for PR where you are initially landing.

prem1965

Star Member
Apr 5, 2009
Hi PMM,

thank u for your reply.can u pls help me to get some one or some reliable source for my stay in canada.i dont know anybody there.i wont mind making the booking.pls

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
If the address you give at landing for the PR card differs from the destination in Canada listed on your confirmation of permanent residence documents, they may question you about the discrepancy; although there is nothing that says you can't give an address in Canada other than the destination listed on COPR.

luvcanada

Star Member
Mar 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi !prem,

where are you landing? I don't have address so planning to get that later soon as I enter the country.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
They ask you for an address to forward the PR card when you land at the port of entry. You can either give them an address or tell them you don't have one and enter it later via the Internet. You only have a limited amount of time to enter an address after you land or the card will no longer be free.

When you completed your application you indicated where in Canada you would like to live. If you give them an address other than that destination they might question you about it, but there is nothing that says you can't change your mind about where you are going (provided you are admitted under the federal program and are not a provincial nominee). I am not sure if it would be a problem if you give an address in Quebec if you do not have a CSQ.

prem1965

Star Member
Apr 5, 2009
Hi luvcanada,

Iam planning to land in Toronto in june/july.when are u planning ?.are u from india.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
links18 said:
I am not sure if it would be a problem if you give an address in Quebec if you do not have a CSQ.
That would be a problem. If you don't have a CSQ, you'd need to give an address outside Quebec but you can move to Quebec later.