+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ppr request- new passport

dodan

Mar 7, 2010
usa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I am planning to send in the passport as I recieved ppr yesterday. Btw, thanks to the forum members for all your help !!

My passport has been renewed last week. The biodata page of my passport copy that I had sent in all my communications starting from application to CIO - is the old one, that is cancelled now.

My question is - am I required to send both the canceled and renewed passport booklets - or - only the new one?

Due to the timing of ppr and receiving the renewed passport, I had not yet intimated the visa office about the renewal.

Please advise. - Thanks a ton.

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
Re: ppr request- expired

I have read on this forum that you have to send the new passport with the copy of the old one . The rule is you have to send copies of all passports you have held any way.
May be a note to explain will make everything perfect.

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
dodan said:
Hi
I am planning to send in the passport as I recieved ppr yesterday. Btw, thanks to the forum members for all your help !!

My passport has been renewed last week. The biodata page of my passport copy that I had sent in all my communications starting from application to CIO - is the old one, that is cancelled now.

My question is - am I required to send both the canceled and renewed passport booklets - or - only the new one?

Due to the timing of ppr and receiving the renewed passport, I had not yet intimated the visa office about the renewal.

Please advise. - Thanks a ton.
First of all...Congrats

U need to send your latest passports only. No need to attach old ones. I faced the same situation.

Gud luk
asyousuf

mchowdhury

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
asyousuf said:
First of all...Congrats

U need to send your latest passports only. No need to attach old ones. I faced the same situation.

Gud luk
asyousuf
what was the procedure -did you first informed the visa office that you have a new passport now and then sent out the new one? did you also have to send a copy of the old passport?

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
mchowdhury said:
what was the procedure -did you first informed the visa office that you have a new passport now and then sent out the new one? did you also have to send a copy of the old passport?
No need. U have to submit the latest passports only with the form attached with PPR duly filled.

asyousuf

Sans_May2010

Jun 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
Sept 30, 2010
Nomination.....
Docs received at Visa Office on Oct 18, 2010
Med's Request
June 23, 2013 & April 7, 2014
Med's Done....
August 2, 2013 & March 10, 2014
Passport Req..
June 23, 2013 & April 7, 2014
I know a guy faced the same situation. Send only the new passport with an explanation letter. If you have travelled abroad after you sent your copies of your previous passport, make sure you send all the copies of your old passport too. When you write the letter highlight the page numbers where the entry or exit stamps are made and also the visa copies, that make the process easy for the guy who check your passport info. That will do.

Good Luck

Sans_May2010

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
Agreed with sans_may
New passports are obtained when old ones expire or when old ones are full (all pages used)
That makes it easy for the person who checks the passport info if you send copies of old one.

S

shibuya

Since u started the process with the old passport and lately got a new one which is not disclosed to visa office send both ones to be on the safer side.

dodan

Mar 7, 2010
usa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks everyone for response.

I sent in both old and renewed passports to avoid delays.

Thanks again.

linksalman

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th May 2011
Doc's Request.
ALREADY SENT
AOR Received.
9th-june-2011
IELTS Request
sent initially
File Transfer...
11th-July-2011 and In Process 21st-Dec-2012
Med's Request
20th February 2013
Med's Done....
1st March 2013, MED line added=12th March 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1> 11-September-2013 PPR2> 3rd October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12th Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 2014
thanks everyone for response.

I sent in both old and renewed passports to avoid delays.

Thanks again.
Hi There, i am in same situation with my Dad's super visa.

I applied for my Dad supervisa last year (it took 13 months to get medical). I finally got the passport request and it says

• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.

• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.

My dad passport is expiring in 2025. I applied for the visa with the intention that it will be good for 10 years but as the letter states that they cannot issue a visa beyond passport expiry.

My question is , if i renew my dad's passport for 10 years validity, is it ok to do it despite the orignal application i filled last year would have the old passport with (2025 validity). Can i simply renew passport (2 days to get new passport) and send new passport for visa as a response to passport request. or there is a chance of rejection that they might say "Passport sent doesnt match the passport provided with orignal application"?