22-01-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
Hello ,

I received ITA on Dec 16th 2016 to apply for PR under CEC category. I have been working with a Canadian tech company since July 2014 and my designation is Software Engineer. My current employer is willing to issue employment reference letters as per cic requirements.
I have 3.5 yrs of foreign work experience and I got 50 points ( Skill Transferability factors- foreign experience) for the same.
I have worked with two companies back in India (as software engg) and I manged to get a reference letter from one meeting cic requirements. However the second company won't issue any letter. All I have is my offer letter ( job title , package included) and the experience letter I got when I resigned. These letters doesn't carry any information on my duties and responsibilities.
It's been 4 yrs since I left that company and most of my then teammates have joined other firms. If any of you have faced similar situation please let me know what you did.

thank you

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need a declaration from a former colleague and/or manager stating your duties and responsibilities, it is also recommended to notarize this document. Also, proof that your request for a letter was declined by your employer (e-mails).

Whether this is going to be sufficient as your teammates don't work in that firm anymore... no idea.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nj1234 said:
Hello ,

I received ITA on Dec 16th 2016 to apply for PR under CEC category. I have been working with a Canadian tech company since July 2014 and my designation is Software Engineer. My current employer is willing to issue employment reference letters as per cic requirements.
I have 3.5 yrs of foreign work experience and I got 50 points ( Skill Transferability factors- foreign experience) for the same.
I have worked with two companies back in India (as software engg) and I manged to get a reference letter from one meeting cic requirements. However the second company won't issue any letter. All I have is my offer letter ( job title , package included) and the experience letter I got when I resigned. These letters doesn't carry any information on my duties and responsibilities.
It's been 4 yrs since I left that company and most of my then teammates have joined other firms. If any of you have faced similar situation please let me know what you did.

thank you
i guess you can write an LOE stating above information , but at the same time you will have to provide cic with some proof like your job offer letter ,pay slips , T4 or something from that company ?

nj1234

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2017
AOR Received.
22-01-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
OMG_Chakromakro said:
i guess you can write an LOE stating above information , but at the same time you will have to provide cic with some proof like your job offer letter ,pay slips , T4 or something from that company ?
Yes I have job offer letter and that has the initial package offered , benefits etc , also the experience letter I got when I resigned from the company . I can provide that.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nj1234 said:
Yes I have job offer letter and that has the initial package offered , benefits etc , also the experience letter I got when I resigned from the company . I can provide that.
can you find pay slips , that will be of great help . or any sorta proof like you filed taxes for your pay or something ?

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nj1234 said:
yeah if you can find something related to your pay then that would be great if not then the things you mentioned above are enough too ,but again back up your application with as many proofs as possible which is ideal for any situation.Goodluck

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What OMG_Chakromakro is suggesting is fine and everything but you still need something that matches the NOC you've chosen with the duties and responsibilities you've performed.

nj1234

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2017
AOR Received.
22-01-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
thanks for your reply guys. I noticed that my overall CRS score remains the same even if my foreign work experience is 1 yr or 3+yrs. I have employment ref letter ( in cic recommended format) from the company where I worked from Jan 2013 to May 2014.
Even if the experience letter from second company fails to meet cic standards , I don't think that's going to affect my score. In that case should I remove that experience from work history ?

Skill transferability factors 3+ yr foreign exp

Education

A) Official Language proficiency and education = 25
B) Canadian work experience and education = 25
Subtotal = 50

Foreign work experience

A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 50
B) Canadian and foreign work experience B) = 50
Subtotal = 50

Certificate of qualification = 0

Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 100

Skill transferability factors 1 yr foreign exp

Education

Subtotal = 50

Foreign work experience

A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 25
B) Canadian and foreign work experience B) = 25
Subtotal = 50

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nj1234 said:
thanks for your reply guys. I noticed that my overall CRS score remains the same even if my foreign work experience is 1 yr or 3+yrs. I have employment ref letter ( in cic recommended format) from the company where I worked from Jan 2013 to May 2014.
Even if the experience letter from second company fails to meet cic standards , I don't think that's going to affect my score. In that case should I remove that experience from work history ?

Skill transferability factors 3+ yr foreign exp

Education

Subtotal = 50

Foreign work experience

A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 50
B) Canadian and foreign work experience B) = 50
Subtotal = 50

Skill transferability factors 1 yr foreign exp

Education

Subtotal = 50

Foreign work experience

A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 25
B) Canadian and foreign work experience B) = 25
Subtotal = 50

if it doesn't affect your score the yeah remove it why add more complications to your file for no reason ?

nj1234

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2017
AOR Received.
22-01-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
OMG_Chakromakro said:
if it doesn't affect your score the yeah remove it why add more complications to your file for no reason ?
I included this in this work history and received ITA. I am confused whether i can modify work history after receiving ITA. That's why i posted the question here.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nj1234 said:
I included this in this work history and received ITA. I am confused whether i can modify work history after receiving ITA. That's why i posted the question here.
i think you cannot delete/modify your information after you receive an ITA , in that case you can mention in your LOE that the work experience for that company is irrelevant and you can request VO to probably take it off , i would still provide every piece of evidence for that work .just saying because now you cannot edit it .

nj1234

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2017
AOR Received.
22-01-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
OMG_Chakromakro said:
i think you cannot delete/modify your information after you receive an ITA , in that case you can mention in your LOE that the work experience for that company is irrelevant and you can request VO to probably take it off , i would still provide every piece of evidence for that work .just saying because now you cannot edit it .
thanks .

Mullaimano

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Can the experience letter be dated post ita? As i got a new experience letter from previous employer in order to include all the cic requirements