+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Stormie

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/apply.html Go this website and click on the links for original documents. You need to have your work permit in order to renew your SIN. If you are working and the HR in your company asks for your valid SIN, explain to them that you are waiting for your work permit and give them the proof of submission available on your CIC profile, that usually suffices and most times they will tell you to update them in 30 days (within which time, we should have gotten the PGWP)
Hope this helps. :)

CEPA

Aug 11, 2019
Hello all,
My visa will expire on August 31, and I applied by myself for PGWP on June 15. I got a 3 months full-time contract when I finish my studies, but it will expire on August 31. I would like to use my payslips to extend my husband's visa.
I would like to know if it is possible to apply for a work permit for my husband while my PGWP is processing. I don't sure if I can include the document that proofs my PGWP is processing.
If someone can give me any suggestion it would be great...
Thank you so much!

Katie.09

Jul 11, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/apply.html Go this website and click on the links for original documents. You need to have your work permit in order to renew your SIN. If you are working and the HR in your company asks for your valid SIN, explain to them that you are waiting for your work permit and give them the proof of submission available on your CIC profile, that usually suffices and most times they will tell you to update them in 30 days (within which time, we should have gotten the PGWP)
Yes this is correct. My sin is going to expire on 31st august. I have been updating my HR for 2 months. I wonder what they are going to say this time. It is getting frustrating day by day.

mm78

Star Member
Aug 18, 2019
I applied for a PGWP 3 months ago but not approved yet. My wife is on open work permit till the end of November. I want to apply for an entry visa but I think my wife will only get a visa till the end of November since her work permit expires in November. Am I right?. I am thinking of getting her a new work permit once my PGWP is approved. However, I heard she is not eligible for a work permit since I will be on a PGWP (Is this correct?). Please help me if you have any useful information.

rudy_rudy

Jul 20, 2018
Hey guys, this is the person who asked whether I can get paid if I'm on implied status and thank you so much for everyone's replies. As advised tomorrow I'm going to Service Canada and discuss what I can do with the situation. I'll make sure to keep updated in this thread. Thanks! :)

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I applied for a PGWP 3 months ago but not approved yet. My wife is on open work permit till the end of November. I want to apply for an entry visa but I think my wife will only get a visa till the end of November since her work permit expires in November. Am I right?. I am thinking of getting her a new work permit once my PGWP is approved. However, I heard she is not eligible for a work permit since I will be on a PGWP (Is this correct?). Please help me if you have any useful information.
You need a job under noc 0,A or B. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit-result.asp?q1_options=1i&q2_options=2d