+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Guys, I just got APPROVED! My case was a bit complicated due to deferral start date...but I finally got approved. Good luck everyone! You guys will have PGWP eventually

Applied: May 13, 2019
Review of Eligibility: July 31, 2019
Date of Approval: August 1, 2019
Congraxx!! :)

jaspersun0106

Jul 13, 2019
WOW, finally!! Congratulations all !
Now applications pushed to May 14th?
Ps: Is there will have a confirmed letter pdf document too? I need to use that before the paper work permit mailed to my home.

Last edited:

Shesa

Jun 20, 2019
Applied: May 14, 2019
Review of Eligibility: July 31,2019
Date of Approval: August 1,2019

Didn’t get any email from though. Even on my account on CIC there is no mail saying the length of period approved. Is this normal? Or just some system glitch?
You can see it at the very bottom, when it's valid

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Why don't people apply at POE/Flagpole to get it quicker ?
Because most of them from the beginning used agencies/brokers who have been thoroughly guided them throughout getting their admission, visas, arrival, getting homes, part time jobs (cash/SIN), buying an uber car, getting every bits and pieces in Canada. Now they are technically pretty much dependent on them on everything including applying to PGWP. Why would anyone not apply to POE/flagpole to get it instantly rather waiting for 3-4-6 months ?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Because most of them from the beginning used agencies/brokers who have been thoroughly guided them throughout getting their admission, visas, arrival, getting homes, part time jobs (cash/SIN), buying an uber car, getting every bits and pieces in Canada. Now they are technically pretty much dependent on them on everything including applying to PGWP. Why would anyone not apply to POE/flagpole to get it instantly rather waiting for 3-4-6 months ?
Haha , I totally agree. :D
I just applied for my SP extension and can't wait 30 days for it and I was wondering how can people wait 3 months when they have a legit option to flagpole for PGWP.

I am proudly gonna flagpole once I'm done studying lol .

naveen4848

Jun 2, 2019
Guys, I just got APPROVED! My case was a bit complicated due to deferral start date...but I finally got approved. Good luck everyone! You guys will have PGWP eventually

Applied: May 13, 2019
Review of Eligibility: July 31, 2019
Date of Approval: August 1, 2019
Congrats

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
I am totally with you on this. I applied for my student visa and pgwp myself and will apply for PR myself as well, because I believe

No agent in this world will pay more attention to my application than I will.
Plus I absolutely hate the "middle man".

ALSO THE REASON I DID NOT FLAGPOLE IS BECAUSE IF YOU FLAGPOLE YOU HAVE A STAIN ON YOUR PROFILE FOR YOUR WHOLE LIFE, IF YOU WANT TO APPLY FOR SOME OTHER COUNTRY'S VISA (EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD HAS THIS QUESTION) :

"HAVE YOU EVER BEEN REFUSED A VISA OR ENTRY TO ANY COUNTRY"

AND IF I FLAGPOLE I WILL HAVE TO ANSWER YES, OTHERWISE IT WILL BITE ME BACK AS MISREPRESENTATION

I want my immigration record clear, therefore I will wait for 3 months.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanami and hkang12

hkang12

May 7, 2019
I am totally with you on this. I applied for my student visa and pgwp myself and will apply for PR myself as well, because I believe

No agent in this world will pay more attention to my application than I will.
Plus I absolutely hate the "middle man".

ALSO THE REASON I DID NOT FLAGPOLE IS BECAUSE IF YOU FLAGPOLE YOU HAVE A STAIN ON YOUR PROFILE FOR YOUR WHOLE LIFE, IF YOU WANT TO APPLY FOR SOME OTHER COUNTRY'S VISA (EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD HAS THIS QUESTION) :

"HAVE YOU EVER BEEN REFUSED A VISA OR ENTRY TO ANY COUNTRY"

AND IF I FLAGPOLE I WILL HAVE TO ANSWER YES, OTHERWISE IT WILL BITE ME BACK AS MISREPRESENTATION

I want my immigration record clear, therefore I will wait for 3 months.
i agree with you

Reactions: yay_321

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
i agree with you
Thanks! However, in your case I think hiring a lawyer is ok since your case had legal issues involved. However if it is regular application it is not very intelligent to waste money on an agent/lawyer.

But anyway, don't worry you shall be seeing your PGWP on Friday or at the most by Tuesday (since Monday is a holiday).
I am so excited for yours to come, because you have been the most active member of the group always asking for updates :p

Reactions: hkang12

hkang12

May 7, 2019
Thanks! However, in your case I think hiring a lawyer is ok since your case had legal issues involved. However if it is regular application it is not very intelligent to waste money on an agent/lawyer.

But anyway, don't worry you shall be seeing your PGWP on Friday or at the most by Tuesday (since Monday is a holiday).
I am so excited for yours to come, because you have been the most active member of the group always asking for updates :p
That’s true cz im so stressed. you know i told you i had issues with my studies. that’s why i keep checking my email. hope we all get approved.

Reactions: yay_321

Cutecat8089

Aug 1, 2019
Hi everyone!! I applied for my pgwp on May 18. The site says 9 weeks processing time (newest update) but it has already passed. Looking for a full time job and getting rejected by employers only because my work permit isn't approved. Anyone here who applied around the same date?