+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

confusedsoul86

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Vancouver BC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-05-2021
Doc's Request.
Medical upfront
AOR Received.
19-05-2021
I'm SO sick of waiting for the PGWP. My first PGWP application was refused because I hadn't attached my letter of completion. I hadn't attached it intentionally because on the website it was stated that I can attach my transcript OR my completion letter. I attached the former, going by what their website stated. I reapplied on Feb 14th with BOTH documents. Also, when I did reapply, the website asked for the completion letter ONLY. So in total, I would've waited for close to SIX months for my PGWP, as opposed to three months like most of you.

I already lost out on one opportunity because the employer refused to wait any longer. This is pathetic.

Reactions: hyong1991

maccyd10

Oct 26, 2015
I applied 16th, havent even got review yet. There's people on the excel sheet before me who havent gotten it either. Dont know whats happening, i need it ASAP as i have a job starting in 10-15 days.
You may work full time while awaiting a decision on you PGWP, also the hours of work accrued during this time is counted toward your Canadian experience class.

MGP34

Apr 26, 2019
I don't recommend you leave the country till you get it. When does your study permit and SIN expire? If those expire while you're out of Canada, how do you plan to come back to the country on an expired study permit? If not, you're good to go.
My student visa is expiring on 31st May. My Work permit was rejected in December due to Transcript error & after New Rules , I have applied again in a new application on 14th February with all the necessary documents . So what you suggest ? Please Reply.

maccyd10

Oct 26, 2015
I'm SO sick of waiting for the PGWP. My first PGWP application was refused because I hadn't attached my letter of completion. I hadn't attached it intentionally because on the website it was stated that I can attach my transcript OR my completion letter. I attached the former, going by what their website stated. I reapplied on Feb 14th with BOTH documents. Also, when I did reapply, the website asked for the completion letter ONLY. So in total, I would've waited for close to SIX months for my PGWP, as opposed to three months like most of you.

I already lost out on one opportunity because the employer refused to wait any longer. This is pathetic.
Dude that really sucks, I'm sorry.

I applied today and submitted both as I figured it couldn't hurt. You know that you can work full time while awaiting approval right? Would your employer not hire you unless you physically had the permit?

MGP34

Apr 26, 2019

True..its very frustrating to wait for PGWP. Even i am waiting for PGWP for 6 Months. That was due to Error In Transcript. (That was they said).

EA-Yana

Apr 21, 2019
Hi
I need some suggestions about my PGWP Application.
I have applied on 14 Feb,2019 for my work permit.
Day by day the processing time is increasing.
I have plan to travel to my home country on around 10 May. (85 Days from 14th Feb)
Is there any chances my permit will get approved till the date & i can travel or Should i postpone my Travel time ?
Please Reply.
As long as your TRV and Study Permit are still valid until your date of return to Canada there will be no problem

Reactions: Evankc

yj09

Apr 26, 2019
Submitted on Jan 21, and got approved on April 26.
I found out I forgot to declare previous US visa refusals in the application form after 10 days of the submission. Then submitted a Webform to explain and declare, to avoid the misrepresentation. They confirmed receive my message one day after.
I think this may be the reason of delay....as new info was put in.....

Reactions: SoHunny and Muche