+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible misrepresentation

Mkw1

Jan 17, 2019
Hi there,

I Ticked the wrong box regarding 'have you worked without authorization' on applying for a new open work permit to remove medical restrictions.
My application was approved and i've only realised my mistake when gathering documents for PR application.
Is there any way i can re-call the application/declare the mistake before applying for PR so i don't get found to be committing misrepresentation?

Thanks all!

Last edited:

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Did you work illegally and check the box that said you didn't? Or was it the other way around?

Mkw1

Jan 17, 2019
I had my legal work permit, however i worked with children when i wasn't allowed to. I said i hadn't worked illegally. That's why i applied for medical restrictions to be lifted once i realized my permit had that restriction.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I had my legal work permit, however i worked with children when i wasn't allowed to. I said i hadn't worked illegally. That's why i applied for medical restrictions to be lifted once i realized my permit had that restriction.
Yeah, that's misrepresentation - you worked in an area that you weren't allowed to, and then when you applied for the restrictions to be lifted, you didn't tell them that you'd worked illegally.

The legal work permit didn't mean that you can work in a job that you were explicitly barred from - that's illegal work.

Not much you can do now besides making sure that your PR application is completely accurate. Maybe talk to a lawyer?

Mkw1

Jan 17, 2019
Thought so. I will put a letter on explanation on the PR application and let them know about if before they find out themselves. Hopefully they will be forgiving.
Fingers crossed i suppose.