+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance from Canada

abc1234$

Oct 24, 2016
Dear Friends,

I have a question on the police clearance for Canada. As per the checklist provided by IRCC, police clearance is mandatory for all the countries where we have lived continuously for more than 6 months , over the past 10 years, except for Canada.

Can someone please confirm if we need to have a police clearance from Canada as well, as I have seen few of my friends for whom IRCC came back asking for police clearance for Canada?

FYI, I have been living in Canada since August 2016.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I have a question on the police clearance for Canada. As per the checklist provided by IRCC, police clearance is mandatory for all the countries where we have lived continuously for more than 6 months , over the past 10 years, except for Canada.

Can someone please confirm if we need to have a police clearance from Canada as well, as I have seen few of my friends for whom IRCC came back asking for police clearance for Canada?
Well... IRCC tells you you don't need it, but you still question, LOL.

Here's the deal. You do NOT need to provide the PCC from Canada up front with your application, because IRCC automatically conducts name-based criminal records searches for ALL applicants.

Sometimes, however, the name-based search comes back with a criminal history. Now IRCC needs a finger-print based clearance to know whether that criminal record belongs to you, or someone else who has the same name. So, IRCC only requests this on an as-needed basis, after conducting the name based search. That is why people sometimes get asked to do the RCMP clearance.

Reactions: abc1234$

abc1234$

Oct 24, 2016
Well... IRCC tells you you don't need it, but you still question, LOL.

Here's the deal. You do NOT need to provide the PCC from Canada up front with your application, because IRCC automatically conducts name-based criminal records searches for ALL applicants.

Sometimes, however, the name-based search comes back with a criminal history. Now IRCC needs a finger-print based clearance to know whether that criminal record belongs to you, or someone else who has the same name. So, IRCC only requests this on an as-needed basis, after conducting the name based search. That is why people sometimes get asked to do the RCMP clearance.
Thank you the reply. So in this case I will go ahead and submit the eAPR without PCC from Canada and will wait for IRCC