+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pof for accra applicants.

pentouch

Dec 21, 2010
Just need to ask all accra applicants, would a real estate statement be ok for pof. I am due to send my application next month. This money can be liquidify but it will take 3-4months.
My question is can I still send them the statement together with my bank statement with a cover letter and then send them an updated bank statement when the real estate money gets transferred to my accra.

Your advise will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
I would've advised you to post this in the Nigerian Applicants' thread on the forum.........This will enable many Nigerians to respond to the querry.

Having said that, the Accra visa specific instruction does not include the use of landed property as POF though some CHC accept it e.g London and New Delhi.

I'll advise that you realise the property and put the fund in your savings account or rather in a fixed deposit so as to gain some interest.

In my own case, I'd put an amount well over the required POF but at the time of submission, I provided real cash (as in savings of xxx amount) and some share valuation for additional xxxx amount. I was doing this knowing fully that my savings is even more than required POF.

As you are aware, selling off of share is relevatively easier than landed property and don't forget that the fund must be easily accesssible and readily tranferable with encumbrances.

Regards,

pentouch

Dec 21, 2010
Thank you right.
Just to clarify, this is not a landed property it is a monthly payment toward buying a plot which has not been bought. But the real estate company is just a company that helps in purchasing the land when you finish the monthly payment. Although a refund can be given but I ve only just been aware that it will take 3-4months. What can I do?

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
pentouch said:
Thank you right.
Just to clarify, this is not a landed property it is a monthly payment toward buying a plot which has not been bought. But the real estate company is just a company that helps in purchasing the land when you finish the monthly payment. Although a refund can be given but I ve only just been aware that it will take 3-4months. What can I do? - Best advise, liquidate the payment and put same in your account...however, VO may be interested in how you ran the account for at least 3 months. I'll advise that you put up a letter to explain how you get the lump sum assuming you lodge the expected landed property funds in the account.