+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP Path - No LMIA - But how to find the job?

john_trust

Jun 17, 2021
By using PNP tracker tool, these 4 are the PNP that requires job offer but no need for LMIA,
  • Ontario Employer Job Offer Stream Foreign Worker
  • British Columbia Skills Immigration Skilled Worker
  • Manitoba Employer Direct Recruitment Pathway
  • Atlantic Immigration Programme
Dear Experts, I would like to ask, how to properly find job that align with this requirement because mostly on popular job searching website, most of them need the applicant to be already in Canada, especially for NOC Code 2175, do we have to rely mostly on Job Bank Canada or is there another way to do it?

Thanks in advance

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
By using PNP tracker tool, these 4 are the PNP that requires job offer but no need for LMIA,
  • Ontario Employer Job Offer Stream Foreign Worker
  • British Columbia Skills Immigration Skilled Worker
  • Manitoba Employer Direct Recruitment Pathway
  • Atlantic Immigration Programme
Dear Experts, I would like to ask, how to properly find job that align with this requirement because mostly on popular job searching website, most of them need the applicant to be already in Canada, especially for NOC Code 2175, do we have to rely mostly on Job Bank Canada or is there another way to do it?

Thanks in advance
I used Linkedin and Indeed to find jobs. I applied extensively all across Canada and was very flexible on Salary. My starting Salary was around 60% of what I used to make in USA. It all comes down to what ones priorities are and how seriously someone is considering the move.
I would agree it is pretty hard to find a job from outside Canada.
Good Luck.

Last edited:

royalmbc

Jun 9, 2021
I used Linkedin and Indeed to find jobs. I applied extensively all across Canada and was very flexible on Salary. My starting Salary was around 60% of what I used to make in USA. It all comes down to what ones priorities are and how seriously someone is considering the move.
I would agree it is pretty hard to find a job from outside Canada.
Good Luck.
Rajat, how long did it take for the LMIA to get approved and how long after that to get work permit?

Thank you

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Rajat, how long did it take for the LMIA to get approved and how long after that to get work permit?

Thank you
The main challenge is to get a job offer from an employer.
Once that is done the LMIA, Work Permit and stamping should take about 5 months or so.

Thanks,
Rajat

royalmbc

Jun 9, 2021
The main challenge is to get a job offer from an employer.
Once that is done the LMIA, Work Permit and stamping should take about 5 months or so.

Thanks,
Rajat
I have the offer and I just sent documents to the lawyer.
I was wondering if the processing times are longer during covid and I am applying from USA and will it have any effect on processing times ?

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
I have the offer and I just sent documents to the lawyer.
I was wondering if the processing times are longer during covid and I am applying from USA and will it have any effect on processing times ?
Congratulations!!! That is great news.
You are correct. Covid might make things take a bit longer. I just renewed my work permits and it took a little over a month. So that is working as usual. I also applied for a visa being inland and it shows about 5-6 months. Not sure if that would be the case for firs work visa from outside. LMIA might take a little longer as well.
I would think it might get extended to 8-9 months. But your lawyer might have some better estimates just because he is more in touch with reality.

Thanks,
Rajat