+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP Approved PR - ON H1b - Question on soft landing

Abhi1982

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hi All. Please help me understand about a few queries. I am on H1b with approved i797 but expired visa stamping. I need visa stamping. I am thinking of going to Canada to get my stamping interview done. I am a Saskatchewan PNP nominee PR holder. Below are my questions:
1. Can I enter Canada from USA and stay in any province or do I need to be in Saskatchewan only? Or is it ok if I stay in any province(say ottawa) till my visa interview data and then travel back? (I just want to do soft landing, get my H1b visa stamped, and return back as soon as it is stamped).
2. After filling up DS-160 do I need to contact the US consulate to request for stamping appointment? Or what is the procedure? Kindly suggest.
I have a family of 3 of us. Me, my wife and my son. Kindly suggest.

Smartypreet24

Jan 18, 2022
Hi All. Please help me understand about a few queries. I am on H1b with approved i797 but expired visa stamping. I need visa stamping. I am thinking of going to Canada to get my stamping interview done. I am a Saskatchewan PNP nominee PR holder. Below are my questions:
1. Can I enter Canada from USA and stay in any province or do I need to be in Saskatchewan only? Or is it ok if I stay in any province(say ottawa) till my visa interview data and then travel back? (I just want to do soft landing, get my H1b visa stamped, and return back as soon as it is stamped).
2. After filling up DS-160 do I need to contact the US consulate to request for stamping appointment? Or what is the procedure? Kindly suggest.
I have a family of 3 of us. Me, my wife and my son. Kindly suggest.
Hi

I am in same situation, have you done your stamping?

lostrocked

Apr 16, 2021
Enter Saskatchewan do the normal process of living for 15 days. You can AVR people do it on daily basis. No need to do everything in one trip. Once you get PR there is no obligation. NONE.

lostrocked

Apr 16, 2021
You need to understand that you are not a Permanent Resident until a border immigration officer (at a PoE) signs your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR). You are thus not protected by the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms until then