+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PMM Please need professional guidence to few technical questions

volunteer

Mar 6, 2008
Greetings!

I am landed immigrant in 2005 and have worked with United Nations till December 2007 representing Canada. I just returned back to Canada since out in 2005. Can these days be counted towards my nationality days as I represented Canada at International forum?

My 2nd question is my family is out of Canada since I was not present here and now they will join me here in Canada in April 2008. Can I apply for their health registration in Toronto while they are out of Canada.

My third question, CRS has sent CCTB cheques on my spouse name that were sent to my address in Canada however, none of it has been cashed. Except the recent one the rest are very old. Can I cash it or deposit it or sent it back to CRA and how.

My last question is regarding my tax return, I have submitted my tax online suggested by one of my colleague. Since I was working as volunteer therefore the amount I was receiving was not a salary which means my Income was Zero. Now, I have two old cheques of Tax return. Am I eligible to cash these cheques or they are expired.

Hope I am not bothering you as I am very new here and just gone through my letters. Therefore, I will appreciate your time and response to advise me how to proceed with my queries.

Have a great day.

Best Regards,

Sajid

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

volunteer said:
Greetings!

I am landed immigrant in 2005 and have worked with United Nations till December 2007 representing Canada. I just returned back to Canada since out in 2005. Can these days be counted towards my nationality days as I represented Canada at International forum?

No

My 2nd question is my family is out of Canada since I was not present here and now they will join me here in Canada in April 2008. Can I apply for their health registration in Toronto while they are out of Canada.

No, they have to reside in Ontario for 90 days first.

My third question, CRS has sent CCTB cheques on my spouse name that were sent to my address in Canada however, none of it has been cashed. Except the recent one the rest are very old. Can I cash it or deposit it or sent it back to CRA and how.

I would send them back otherwise, it will probably come back to haunt you.

My last question is regarding my tax return, I have submitted my tax online suggested by one of my colleague. Since I was working as volunteer therefore the amount I was receiving was not a salary which means my Income was Zero. Now, I have two old cheques of Tax return. Am I eligible to cash these cheques or they are expired.

Older than 3 months, probably expired.

Hope I am not bothering you as I am very new here and just gone through my letters. Therefore, I will appreciate your time and response to advise me how to proceed with my queries.

Have a great day.

Best Regards,

Sajid
PMM