+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me

janam

Feb 27, 2008
Dear All Greetings,

I am a landed immigrant along with my family in 2005 and left Canada after one week. It means that I am out of Canada along with my family for more then two years and 8 months. Now, we have finally decided to to move permanently to Canada. However, I have a new baby now one year old for which I was trying to get a visa was told by the embassy that I should submit my request for my child sponsorship inside Canada. My question

Is there any short cut available for my son visa enabling me to travel along with my all family members to come with me to Canada.

How much time normally it takes to sponsors a young baby inside Canada?

Does my family and other child have any negative effect on their PR status if the case get delayed because it is the matter of around four months for my family to complete 3 years out of Canada.

Does any one in the forum has any such epxerience and how much time did it take to sponsor an infant?

Waiting with thanks for your all kind responses.

Regards,

Janam

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

janam said:
Dear All Greetings,

I am a landed immigrant along with my family in 2005 and left Canada after one week. It means that I am out of Canada along with my family for more then two years and 8 months. Now, we have finally decided to to move permanently to Canada. However, I have a new baby now one year old for which I was trying to get a visa was told by the embassy that I should submit my request for my child sponsorship inside Canada. My question

Is there any short cut available for my son visa enabling me to travel along with my all family members to come with me to Canada.

How much time normally it takes to sponsors a young baby inside Canada?

Does my family and other child have any negative effect on their PR status if the case get delayed because it is the matter of around four months for my family to complete 3 years out of Canada.

Does any one in the forum has any such epxerience and how much time did it take to sponsor an infant?

Waiting with thanks for your all kind responses.

Regards,

Janam
1. CHC has already told you that they will not issue a TRV for the baby so he isn't going to travel with you.
2. One parent has to return to Canada and start the sponsorship process.
3. Since the baby isn't going to be in Canada, the sponsorship application will take about 30 days at Mississauga and check here for the overseas processing times http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/06-fc-children.asp

PMM

janam

Feb 27, 2008
Dear PMM,

Thank you very mcuh for your prompt response and all your nobel work. I have just plan to go back to Canada to submit the case and 30 days is not a big deal. Do I also need to show the bank statement again and how much would be the requirement. I have one child and my spouse who are already PR holder.

Thank you as usual in advance.

Best Regards,

Janam

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

janam said:
Dear PMM,

Thank you very mcuh for your prompt response and all your nobel work. I have just plan to go back to Canada to submit the case and 30 days is not a big deal. Do I also need to show the bank statement again and how much would be the requirement. I have one child and my spouse who are already PR holder.

Thank you as usual in advance.

Best Regards,

Janam
You have complete all the documents required including the financial evaluation, although you don't have to meet the Low Income Cutoff for a minor child.

PMM

ruby

Aug 24, 2006
Hello Janam,

Am not sure where exactly you are residing at the moment. We have similar problem, and here is an excerpt of the reply we got from our embassy.

This refers to your enquiry about sponsoring your family member who is not a permanent resident of Canada. The first step is to get a valid sponsorship. You would have to apply to be a sponsor and this is done within Canada. Please note that permanent residents who do not live in Canada are not eligible to sponsor close family members for permanent residence in Canada. For more information go to the website at www.cic.gc.ca.

However, we may be able to assist in the case of children born after you became a permanent resident and your family is relocating to Canada. First you will need to prove you have maintained your permanent resident status in Canada. If you became a permanent resident three or more years ago, you may not be able to maintain your status, even if your PR card is still valid. If you still have permanent resident status and can prove that the family, including both parents of the child, is relocating to Canada (physical cancellation of Gulf residence permits, payout of end of service benefits, bill of lading for goods shipped, resignation letter, etc.) we may be able to assist you to bring the child with you to sponsor from within Canada. To start the process, apply for a temporary residence visa for the child. This process can take 2-3 weeks as a medical is required in almost all cases.This will be evaluated on a case by case basis and there is no guarantee of approva and the processing fees are not refundable. If only one parent is relocating to Canada, this option is not recommended.

uzair

Apr 30, 2005
hELLO,

If submit the application in Canada for a minor child, how much do I need to pay the processing fee. On website, under it is written for the dependent child 50 CAD or 50 CAD? Do I also need to deposit 490$ right to permanent residence fee. Please guide.

Thank you.