+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me!

trebie

Apr 10, 2010
Hi to all, i've been reading this forum and i am looking for someone who could enlighten me with my problem. I don't know if my concern has already been answered but i still want to discuss this.

In 2008 I received a job offer from a company in Saskatchewan. All documents were processed, i went through the tedious process until this year I received my PR visa. I am under the PNP program and me and my family's visa were issued this year without showing any proof of funds at CIC. Because at the time of processing, I still have a guaranteed employment.

When I tried to communicate with the employer, my emails were no longer answered. Since my visa is already issued I decided to book a flight this month at my own expense because I am worried that it might get expired. Now, when i search from google, I found out that the company filed for bankruptcy. I called my friends in Canada and according to them, I can easily find a job there since I am a skilled worker.

Now my problem is, will I be asked to show Proof of Funds now that I do not have an employer anymore? We are a family of 4, but I will land first this month and my family maybe after one month. I read from the website that a family of 4 need $20,600 as proof of funds. But i think this amount should be presented prior to issuance of visa which in my case I didn't show during filing. Now I wanted to ask all seniors here if I will still be asked of POF at the CBSA upon landing?

In my case I can only have a maximum of $12,000.00 and I only have a few days left before my scheduled flight to Canada. Please, please anyone help me, I could not sleep anymore because I have resigned from my job here in my home country.

Trebie

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you borrow the money from friends, relatives etc. get a bank statement and show that if you are asked? It could work.

trebie

Apr 10, 2010
Re: TO LEON : Please help me!

HI Leon, thanks for your response. With the few days left, I don't think I can still raise the funds needed. My $12,000 pocket money is already from friends. I really don't know about this POF because when I started processing the documents needed, I was not asked by CIC. I only paid for the processing fee, medical examination and the Right to Permanency. I thought the $12,000 pocket money would be enough. It was really too late before I knew about the employer problem. I ran out of time to produce such amount.

The $9,000 difference from my cash on hand is such a big big amount here in our country. Please tell me, if such amount will really be required by the CBSA upon my landing.

Thank you again

trebie

Apr 10, 2010
Another question, I am from the Philippines. Will bank statement from a local bank in Philippine currency will be accepted?

liempo

Star Member
Mar 29, 2010
Visa Office......
CIC-London
App. Filed.......
18-02-2007
AOR Received.
20-06-2007
IELTS Request
20-03-2009
File Transfer...
15-05-2009
Med's Request
17-12-2009
Med's Done....
5-01-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2010
Hi trebie, just to make sure, try to call the hotline number of CBSA at the Point of Entry that you wish to land to. And try to google their hotline number then call them up immediately..wish you goodluck.. :)

wizardhigh

Jan 10, 2010
I hope my idea can help.Since you are landing first,I think there is a way to "recycle" your &12000.00 or part of it.
During landing you tell CIC officer you have $12000.00 since you land alone.You can show it ,in the form of bank draft.I think 12000.00 is enough.
If you split the money,2000.00 cash,balance 10000.00 in bank draft.
Send the bank draft back to your husband or wife.He or she can use it during landing with family member next month.

As a precaution,bank draft have to be purchased by the party landing later.just in case when you send back the bank draft ,which maybe ;D lost or
not reach in time.can cancel the draft & purchase a new one.(A new serial number ,if CIC record the draft number ,this will be different from previous draft).

Good Luck.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can not get away with showing less funds just because you are landing alone. You need to show POF for your entire family, even if they are not coming with you at this time. One way which could work to recycle the money is put it in your account and get a bank statement, then take it out and get the bank to make you a cashiers check or some with check and some with cash. Then arrive in Canada and show 12,000 in cash or check and a bank statement showing the same 12,000 in the bank. You don't even know if they will ask you for POF since you officially had a job offer but if they did, this might work.

max_lee

May 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2008
AOR Received.
01-11-2008
IELTS Request
02-03-2009
Med's Request
29-05-2009
Med's Done....
10-06-2009
Passport Req..
02-22-1010
VISA ISSUED...
02-25-1010
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
Leon said:
You can not get away with showing less funds just because you are landing alone. You need to show POF for your entire family, even if they are not coming with you at this time. One way which could work to recycle the money is put it in your account and get a bank statement, then take it out and get the bank to make you a cashiers check or some with check and some with cash. Then arrive in Canada and show 12,000 in cash or check and a bank statement showing the same 12,000 in the bank. You don't even know if they will ask you for POF since you officially had a job offer but if they did, this might work.
My 2 cents,

Since your visa was issued under PNP the probability to ask for POF at POE is very very slim would say even .1%. The IO at POE do not have the time to check the latest status of the company that issued you the Emplyoment offer(I don't know if they even have those details of companies that filed for Bankrupcy in their database) but just to make sure that you are safe follow as Leon had mentioned, I am sure that would work. Any ways if you have more than CAN$10,000(Cash/TC/Draft) you have to declare at POE(if not declared it will become illegal), therfore its better to mention to the IO that you are carrying CAN$12,000 with you. This is my view, lets see what others/Seniors have to say in your case.

Max

trebie

Apr 10, 2010
Thanks to all of you, who really gave time to answer all my queries. I am praying that I would be able to get through all of these without any problem. I will try all available options.

Having somebody like all of you make my burden lighter. I really want to fulfill this dream. I will continue praying that God would help me.

Thank you, once I landed...I will happily inform all of you.

Trebie

trebie

Apr 10, 2010
Hi Max Lee, Leon and everybody in this forum,

I'm so happy to inform that I successfully landed without being asked of proof of funds.

Thanks to all of you. Now it's time to find a job. God bless you all.

Trebie ;D

canadianatheart

May 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm a newbie here but i'm soo happy for you!!!!! I hope your family arrives here safely also.