+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help me( spousal sponsorship)

ekaterina001

Feb 15, 2008
HELLO, PLEASE HELP ME . HERE IS MY SITUATION:
l am a russian citizen, right now I am in the US, with my fiance, he got approved for a professional immigration to canada. I came to us illegally through the mexican border. My fiance wants me to move with him to canada and get married there.
he told me that i will have to go back to russia for that and wait for permission to come to Canada.
My question is - will the fact that i was in the Us illegally play the role in obtaining my visa, and what is approximate time I have to wait to come to Canada. should we get married in Russia first?
Also, i have a medical record from pscyciatric hospital in Russia with the diagnosis of schitzofrenia( but in the US have a bipolar disorder diagnosis only stated in the medical records). Whould that affect my visa obtaining?

thank you so much in advance

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
Hi,
According to your question about your illegal stay in USA doesnt matter if you applying family sponsor i know few people who stayed illegal in USA but later went to Canada under Skilled worker or family sponsor they get visas without problem , yes its true you have to go back to russia for obtain visa to Canada you cant do it from USA while you are illegal there ,andout your illness schitzofrenia is mental illness and bipolar disorder is related with mood disorder so they can creat problem if you will mention them at the time of your medical so at the time of medical you should be silent on this matter other wise they possibily can creat problem for you,
ekaterina001 said:
HELLO, PLEASE HELP ME . HERE IS MY SITUATION:
l am a russian citizen, right now I am in the US, with my fiance, he got approved for a professional immigration to canada. I came to us illegally through the mexican border. My fiance wants me to move with him to canada and get married there.
he told me that i will have to go back to russia for that and wait for permission to come to Canada.
My question is - will the fact that i was in the Us illegally play the role in obtaining my visa, and what is approximate time I have to wait to come to Canada. should we get married in Russia first?
Also, i have a medical record from pscyciatric hospital in Russia with the diagnosis of schitzofrenia( but in the US have a bipolar disorder diagnosis only stated in the medical records). Whould that affect my visa obtaining?

thank you so much in advance