+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me.. Denied US Visa: effect on Canadian PR application.

martiangirl

Feb 17, 2011
Please help me...
Hi, will someone be able to help me with this concern?
I am living here in Canada. I applied for a US tourist/personal travel visa (B2) last year and my application was denied under 214(b). The form they gave me says that refusal under 214(b) means that I was "not able to demonstrate that my intended activities in the US would be consistent with one of the non-immigrant visa categories established under US immigration law, or, more commonly, that I was not able to satisfy the requirements for the non-immigrant visa category for which I have applied." It also says that I "have not demonstrated ties that will compel my return to Canada after travel to the US." The officer also told me that he denied my application because I was still a student intern back then and does not have a license and a stable job yet.
I have a license now and I also have a job. I will be applying for Permanent Residency here in Canada and one of the questions in the background check is if I was "refused a refugee status in, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa or VISITOR or temporary resident visa to, Canada or any other country or have been refused a CSQ to Quebec." Unfortunately, I have to say Yes to this question because of the denial of my US B2 visa application.
I am worried that this US Visa denial will affect my PR application. Is there a chance that my PR application be denied because of this?
Please help me. I am really worried about this and its possible effect on my status here in Canada.
Thank you in advance!

canadarace

Jan 26, 2011
It shouldn't affect Candain PR in any way. I was denied Canadian Tourist visa and French, it was never questioned in whole process. Just be sincere and give bellow given box the correct reasons of denial, you should good to go.

Again, it won't affect any on your PR. Good luck.

P.S, I dont accept THANKS in advance, you have to write Thanks in a seprate post to me :)

Reactions: Uvr

martiangirl

Feb 17, 2011
canadarace said:
It shouldn't affect Candain PR in any way. I was denied Canadian Tourist visa and French, it was never questioned in whole process. Just be sincere and give bellow given box the correct reasons of denial, you should good to go.

P.S, I dont accept THANKS in advance, you have to write Thanks in a seprate post to me :)
Thank you CANADARACE!
Your reply made me feel better. I have been thinking about this a lot and it has been bothering me for a while now. Thank you so much! :D

brainxplode

Jan 21, 2012
@Canadarace - Hello, thanks a lot for your insight into this critical question.

Actually, i am in a similar situation like martiangirl. I am currently in New Zealand studying towards my PhD and i am wishing to apply for a Canadian temporary residence visa for a temporary work as a research student at a Canadian University. I was denied a US F-1 student visa in January, 2009, in India almost 3 years back under Section 214(b), a very common reason to deny a US student visa. Speaking of which, as now that i am applying for the Canadian visa, i have to answer "Yes" to the question if i have been ever denied admission to Canada or any country. Now my dilemma is that when i say "yes", i have a small box underneath wherein i can explain the reason for my US visa denial. I am thinking to mention briefly that my US visa was denied under section 214(b) and blah..blah..blah.. without any detailed reason.

What do you think, if that would be okay to just briefly explain my visa denial reason without attaching a separate sheet of paper explaining the detailed reason? The reason for my denial was a very common one. Or, shall i attach a separate sheet of paper with the detailed reason?

Since you said that you were denied Canadian tourist visa and French and it was never questioned in the whole process of your PR process, i was wondering if you could answer this question? I am even willing to go to Australia as the Canadian Consulate Branch in Sydney deals with the visa applications for New Zealand and Australia, and hand over my visa application form personally so that i can explain my situation to the visa officer dealing with my case. The average processing time at Sydney Consulate office for applications submitted in person is 1 day.

Thanks a lot for your time, patience and kind support in answering my question. Looking forward to hearing from you ASAP. :)

brainxplode

Jan 21, 2012
Hello Martiangirl,

Did you finally get your PR? Or, whats the status of your PR application? Your thoughts would help people like us a long way. Hope you can succeed in your ambitions.

sunnyb

Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadarace said:

Very gud suggestion +1 my frn

Reactions: shaizeik

Zee.One

Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2011
Nomination.....
PER Received 10-01-2012
IELTS Request
8 bands Sent with Application
File Transfer...
In Process 10-01-2012
Med's Request
10-03-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Interview........
14-02-2013
Passport Req..
PPR-1 (31-05-13) PPR-2 (25-06-13)
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
LANDED..........
Sep/October
Poster,

My friend landed last november as immigrant.
He has denial of US,Canada & Australia visa.

But still made it.

Go for it without any fear.

Reactions: Altrax and Uvr

ambi1775

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2011
AOR Received.
22/02/2012
Interview........
02/04/2012,csq received same day
martiangirl said:
Please help me...
Hi, will someone be able to help me with this concern?
I am living here in Canada. I applied for a US tourist/personal travel visa (B2) last year and my application was denied under 214(b). The form they gave me says that refusal under 214(b) means that I was "not able to demonstrate that my intended activities in the US would be consistent with one of the non-immigrant visa categories established under US immigration law, or, more commonly, that I was not able to satisfy the requirements for the non-immigrant visa category for which I have applied." It also says that I "have not demonstrated ties that will compel my return to Canada after travel to the US." The officer also told me that he denied my application because I was still a student intern back then and does not have a license and a stable job yet.
I have a license now and I also have a job. I will be applying for Permanent Residency here in Canada and one of the questions in the background check is if I was "refused a refugee status in, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa or VISITOR or temporary resident visa to, Canada or any other country or have been refused a CSQ to Quebec." Unfortunately, I have to say Yes to this question because of the denial of my US B2 visa application.
I am worried that this US Visa denial will affect my PR application. Is there a chance that my PR application be denied because of this?
Please help me. I am really worried about this and its possible effect on my status here in Canada.
Thank you in advance! BIG NO, people who applied canadian visa and got refused and still they are now on PR visa ( this is my personal experience) But u have to mention in your application about refusal.

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
Hi brainxplode,

Inform in your application about US visa refusal.

It will make any negetive impact on your PR application.

If you don't and if they come to know then you will be baned from applying for PR for 2 years due to misrepresentation.

Person who was refused workpermit visa to Canada, applied got PR visa in 2 years.

All the best

mycan

brainxplode said:
@ Canadarace - Hello, thanks a lot for your insight into this critical question.

Actually, i am in a similar situation like martiangirl. I am currently in New Zealand studying towards my PhD and i am wishing to apply for a Canadian temporary residence visa for a temporary work as a research student at a Canadian University. I was denied a US F-1 student visa in January, 2009, in India almost 3 years back under Section 214(b), a very common reason to deny a US student visa. Speaking of which, as now that i am applying for the Canadian visa, i have to answer "Yes" to the question if i have been ever denied admission to Canada or any country. Now my dilemma is that when i say "yes", i have a small box underneath wherein i can explain the reason for my US visa denial. I am thinking to mention briefly that my US visa was denied under section 214(b) and blah..blah..blah.. without any detailed reason.

What do you think, if that would be okay to just briefly explain my visa denial reason without attaching a separate sheet of paper explaining the detailed reason? The reason for my denial was a very common one. Or, shall i attach a separate sheet of paper with the detailed reason?

Since you said that you were denied Canadian tourist visa and French and it was never questioned in the whole process of your PR process, i was wondering if you could answer this question? I am even willing to go to Australia as the Canadian Consulate Branch in Sydney deals with the visa applications for New Zealand and Australia, and hand over my visa application form personally so that i can explain my situation to the visa officer dealing with my case. The average processing time at Sydney Consulate office for applications submitted in person is 1 day.

Thanks a lot for your time, patience and kind support in answering my question. Looking forward to hearing from you ASAP. :)

brainxplode

Jan 21, 2012
Hi mycan,

Thanks a ton for the suggestion. I would definitely say "Yes". After all, that is both true and ethically correct. BTW, did you mention "It will make any negetive impact on your PR application." or "It WON'T make any negative impact on your PR application."? :) Well, another question would it be okay to just briefly explain my US student visa denial reason without attaching a separate sheet of paper explaining the detailed reason? The reason for my denial was NOT a very common one. Or, shall i attach a separate sheet of paper with the detailed reason?

Thanks a lot again!

immi12345

Jun 23, 2015
Dear Experts,

I received an Invitation to apply for PR from the CIC. I am really concerned about one point in the application.

I had applied for USA visa to visit my relatives, just before I was coming to Canada for further studies. The officer rejected it on grounds that I did not have sufficient ties to my home country and that I was already moving out of my home country to Canada.

Now in the PR application there's a question asking if I had my visa rejected for any country. I have to write a "Yes".

So, will I get a rejection for PR since my visa was denied to USA?
Can I do anything to explain why they rejected my USA visa?

I am very concerned and just don't want to get a rejection because of this. Request your opinion on this please.
Would really appreciate your help on this issue.

Thanks,
Immi

curiousCS

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Hello immi12345/Martiangirl and experts,

I have the similar question,
Could somebody confirm if they have some example who had the same profile and got their PR ?

wtym

May 13, 2014
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 December 2014
Doc's Request.
30 March 2015
Nomination.....
09 March 2015
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
Included with Application
File Transfer...
05 March 2015
Med's Request
20 August 2015
Med's Done....
08 September 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 September 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 September 2015
LANDED..........
Summer 2016
curiousCS said:
Hello immi12345/Martiangirl and experts,

I have the similar question,
Could somebody confirm if they have some example who had the same profile and got their PR ?
I'm not 100% sure if my situation is the same as yours but anyway, this is to confirm that my FSW application went through and got now my Canada immigrant visa and CoPR even I have had a denied New Zealand PR application way back in 2013. And yes I declared this denial since the start of my FSW application on December 2014. Along the process, my VO didn't even bother to ask further documentation or explanation on this issue. Proof will be my timeline on the left, ;)

LeoBrasil

Nov 10, 2015
Denied US Visa: effect on Canadian PR application.

Dear all,

Please please and please , I need your help to figure out regarding to very important questions related to a Canadian study permit.
1 - I used to be international student in USA for the past 7,5 years and came back to my homeland this year in May to visit my family. I was supposed to renew my F-1 visa to returned to USA to continue my academic journey. Unfortunately USA consulate denied my request 4 times and I gave up to come back for sure. Now I am in process to apply for a study permit in Canada to continue my studies. I already have an acceptance letter from my school and paid the first part of my first semester. I will apply this Monday (Nov 16, 2015) to get the visa but I am totally worried about the 4 denials I got from USA. As I have to inform it on my IMM1294 I would like to know if it is going to impact negatively my request of study permit and how I can describe in details my situation not compromising my reputation?

2 - Another question is about my ties in my country. What kind of ties are relevant to show to Canada Consulate? As a international student it is hard to show ties with my homeland especially because I came back from USA few months ago.

Please dear gentlemen, I kindly ask your help as soon as possible regarding to these questions above.

Thank you so much!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Post your question to the International Students section of the forum.