+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help: apply to APEGA professional licensee or Member in training

kumar.can99

Aug 11, 2021
Hi Senior members,

Please help.

I am a mechanical engineer with 14 years of experience in mechanical design and development in India. I have completed 4 years graduate degree in mechanical engineering in India. my college/ university is accredited under the Washington accord. due to family requirements, I took a gap of 2 years (2 times) from full-time work in India.

recently I moved to Alberta Canada on open work permit. I am planning to apply soon for APEGA professional licensee or Member in training since it may help me to find a job in my profession. currently i am unemployed and seeking job opportunities.

I request senior member suggestions to select APEGA professional licensee or Member in training.

option #1. APEGA professional licensee
APEGA professional licensee takes a long time and may require 1 year of actual Canada experience.
I don't have Canadian work experience.

option#2. APEGA Member in training
APEGA Member in training will take less time to approve and I can start applying for suitable jobs.
however is there any chance that MIT requires to take a compulsary FE exam? its been almost 19 years since i graduated, exam may require thorough preperation and time.

Thank you

Nauman5199

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Hi Senior members,

Please help.

I am a mechanical engineer with 14 years of experience in mechanical design and development in India. I have completed 4 years graduate degree in mechanical engineering in India. my college/ university is accredited under the Washington accord. due to family requirements, I took a gap of 2 years (2 times) from full-time work in India.

recently I moved to Alberta Canada on open work permit. I am planning to apply soon for APEGA professional licensee or Member in training since it may help me to find a job in my profession. currently i am unemployed and seeking job opportunities.

I request senior member suggestions to select APEGA professional licensee or Member in training.

APEGA professional licensee takes a long time and may require 1 year of actual Canada experience.

APEGA Member in training will take less time to approve and I can start applying for suitable jobs.
however is there any chance that MIT requires to take a compulsary FE exam? its been almost 19 years since i graduated, exam may require thorough preperation and time.

Thank you
Hi Kumar,

Did you work on your PEng? I am In similar situation, need some advise ?

Regards,
Nauman

Ed Doetzel

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
Calgary
Absolutely apply for EIT. Then get your one year of Canadian work experience before applying for P. Eng.

The FE exam is not compulsory in Canada. Since your education is Washington Accord, your education should be accepted as a candidate from a CAEB accredited program (i.e. Canadian engineering school).

You will have to take the NPPE exam (ethics/law) but not to get the EIT.

The EIT will provide evidence to any employer that your education is eligible for P. Eng. registration. That's huge.

sohail shah

Apr 3, 2023
Karachi Pakistan
Category........
Other
Hello,

I am a storekepar with over 11 years of experience in this field. Currently seeking a job in Canada, I am open to opportunities even outside of my field. In fact.

If you have any job offers that match my skills or abilities, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

omar mukhtar

Feb 18, 2023
Hi Senior members,

Please help.

Thank you

Hello Brother,

By any chance, did you get any reply from APEGA on writing the exam? I am in the same boat. I completed my B.E. in mechanical Engineering from Anna University and have applied for APEGA MIT. I am not sure if will they be asking me to do the FE exam.

Please advise on your experience.

Thanks,

candypr

Feb 27, 2024
Hello Brother,

By any chance, did you get any reply from APEGA on writing the exam? I am in the same boat. I completed my B.E. in mechanical Engineering from Anna University and have applied for APEGA MIT. I am not sure if will they be asking me to do the FE exam.

Please advise on your experience.

Thanks,
hi,
I’m also applying for apega. May be we can connect and support each other. Please pm me.

candypr

Feb 27, 2024
Hi Senior members,

Please help.

Thank you

hi,
I’m also applying for apega. May be we can connect and support each other. Please pm me.