+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help a businessman from Russia

goldenbrown

Jan 11, 2011
Vancouver
My friend is a business nominee of British columbia and has signed a contract with the Government that he will buy a business in Canada and create 2 working spaces. He did that and then went to get his family from Russia to join him in Canada. Meanwhile his visa expired and now the Canadaian Embassy in Moscow is holding his visa and passport and completely ignore him. Therefore, he is unable to enter Canada. He is extremely dissapointed with Canada and is thinking of selling the business here and is rethinking his decision to immigrate here. From what I understood, he is even contemplating taking a legal action against the Gov.
Any ideas on what he can/should do about his situation?? Does anybody know how to help him?

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
goldenbrown said:
My friend is a business nominee of British columbia and has signed a contract with the Government that he will buy a business in Canada and create 2 working spaces. He did that and then went to get his family from Russia to join him in Canada. Meanwhile his visa expired and now the Canadaian Embassy in Moscow is holding his visa and passport and completely ignore him. Therefore, he is unable to enter Canada. He is extremely dissapointed with Canada and is thinking of selling the business here and is rethinking his decision to immigrate here. From what I understood, he is even contemplating taking a legal action against the Gov.
Any ideas on what he can/should do about his situation?? Does anybody know how to help him?
"Canadaian Embassy in Moscow is holding his visa and passport" If he is Russian citizen then only Russian authorities can hold his passport. Probably you mean he gave his passport for extending his visa and there is long delay ? If so he can request passport anytime by written request to Embassy (therefore cancelling his earlier request of extending his visa).

goldenbrown

Jan 11, 2011
Vancouver
From what I understand they are holding his visa and find excuses not to extend it and not to let him back in Canada. He says its the Canadian Embassy in Moscow. The problem is that he bought the business here and cannot run it all the way from there