+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please give your suggestions for better settling decision

AVR

Jun 21, 2009
I am planning for landing in March 2010. I would like to keep options open and try to collect as much information as possible and take best decision. All experts please give your valuable suggestions, your cooperation highly appreciable.

I am FSW main applicant and my wife & 4 years old son are followers. Intially, I would like land to Canada alone and settle down and then let my wife and son to land to Canada. Is this possible? If yes, what is timeline for my wife and son to follow.

Right now I have enough funds with me, but I would like to financially in better position before I get settle in Canada. Therefore, can I land to Canada to get SIN & Health Card and get back my home country and after one year come back to Canada for settling. Is this possible. If yes, can anybody explain me in detail.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For your first question, when you all get your PR visas, they will have an expiry date. You will have to land in Canada before this date. Usually this date is a year from your medicals. As the primary applicant, you have to land first or with the other ones. They only have to land before their visas expire. If they want to leave Canada again after landing and you stay in Canada, that is ok. The only thing is after landing, they can not be outside Canada for more than total 1095 days (3 years) or they will lose their PR.

For your second question, same thing, you all can land, stay (you all stay or just you stay) for long enough to get PR card in the mail (a month), get your SIN (a week or two) and health card, could be up to 3 months depending on the province. Then you can go back. Be aware though that health cards generally depend on you living in Canada. If the health care finds out that you left again and did not live in Canada for a 6 month period or more, they may cancel your health care and you may have to do the 3 month waiting period again. One exception is AB since they give you coverage from day one if you are moving from another country.

AVR

Jun 21, 2009
Thank you very much Leon. I think the best decision will be to take 2 months vacation from present working company and land to Canada with my wife and son. Then stay in Canada till PR Card & SIN and come back to home country to earn more than sufficient money with working for my present company. There after plan to land back to Canada for final settlement within 3 years from the date of departure from Canada. Meanwhile, I can search for right job from my home county after my departure from Canada as I hold both PR & SIN. If I find any good opportunity then I can resign my present job and come to Canada. am I right?

Then what about getting clearance or license from regulatory body as I am a Bio-Medical Engineer (NOC 2148). How long will this process takes in Ontario province? What is the procedure can you please write in detail.

Once again thank you very much.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you are right, you can be gone for up to 3 years while you work in your home country, save up money and look for a job in Canada over the internet.

I am not familiar with bio-medical engineering or if that even exists in Canada. You may have to do an upgrade. This website may help link you to somebody who can tell you more about it: http://www.cicic.ca/385/working-in-canada.canada