+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please give me some advice.... I'm lost :(

peachybear

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
Hey everyone,

So I received my IEC visa in July 2019 and am planning on going over to Toronto in May 2020 or June. I've visited Canada multiple times and of course, would love to someday, gain PR, that being said that is my end goal, since I will be going there for a period of 24 months in May I would like to have a solid plan of how to achieve this and not be stuck not knowing what do to etc, I've done a lot of research already but it's become so overwhelming and now I'm at a loss at what the best route should be..

I'm currently a 23yr old female, British Citizen, holding a childcare degree (college for 1 year) I plan to be a nanny, for about 1 or 2 years, I read about the pathway being a pilot and for those who work for 24 months, however since I'll be on a WHV I won't be working the day I land to the day I leave.. I also have thought about EE, however, I don't believe my score would be all that high, that would require me to work in a daycare setting. I have a bf there, but I don't want sponsorship from him, I want to live alone and independent and one day tell my children that working hard and staying persistent pays off, don't need to rely on others to achieve dreams etc.. I know its cheesy but...

So what is the possibility of gaining PR for the caregiver? Nanny being full-time taking care of a child in their own home? Or daycare worker, I would prefer a teaching assistant but my qualifications are lacking!

Any advice at all would be amazing, being in Canada for 2 years and then having to turn back home at the end honestly brings me such sadness, any help would be amazing!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey everyone,

So I received my IEC visa in July 2019 and am planning on going over to Toronto in May 2020 or June. I've visited Canada multiple times and of course, would love to someday, gain PR, that being said that is my end goal, since I will be going there for a period of 24 months in May I would like to have a solid plan of how to achieve this and not be stuck not knowing what do to etc, I've done a lot of research already but it's become so overwhelming and now I'm at a loss at what the best route should be..

I'm currently a 23yr old female, British Citizen, holding a childcare degree (college for 1 year) I plan to be a nanny, for about 1 or 2 years, I read about the pathway being a pilot and for those who work for 24 months, however since I'll be on a WHV I won't be working the day I land to the day I leave.. I also have thought about EE, however, I don't believe my score would be all that high, that would require me to work in a daycare setting. I have a bf there, but I don't want sponsorship from him, I want to live alone and independent and one day tell my children that working hard and staying persistent pays off, don't need to rely on others to achieve dreams etc.. I know its cheesy but...

So what is the possibility of gaining PR for the caregiver? Nanny being full-time taking care of a child in their own home? Or daycare worker, I would prefer a teaching assistant but my qualifications are lacking!

Any advice at all would be amazing, being in Canada for 2 years and then having to turn back home at the end honestly brings me such sadness, any help would be amazing!
Honestly, you have little chance of qualifying for PR. You will not qualify through the caregiver pathway and with your lack of higher education and skilled work experience, likely won't have enough points to qualify through EE. You could.look at PNP programs.

If you and your boyfriend are serious, getting married or becoming common-law and applying for sponsorship is likely the only way.

Reactions: peachybear

peachybear

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
Honestly, you have little chance of qualifying for PR. You will not qualify through the caregiver pathway and with your lack of higher education and skilled work experience, likely won't have enough points to qualify through EE. You could.look at PNP programs.

If you and your boyfriend are serious, getting married or becoming common-law and applying for sponsorship is likely the only way.
Okay, thank for you the honesty. I'll take a look at the PNP, I've never looked at that!

Isn't it 3 year of common-law or marriage for Ontario? I'm not sure as I haven't looked into that either, we've been long-distance for a year, 2 in March!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Okay, thank for you the honesty. I'll take a look at the PNP, I've never looked at that!

Isn't it 3 year of common-law or marriage for Ontario? I'm not sure as I haven't looked into that either, we've been long-distance for a year, 2 in March!
Immigration is federal. 1 year for common-law.