+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Planning to land in Jan-2010

balakri

Star Member
May 16, 2009
Hi All,

I have got my visa stamped and planning to land in Jan-2010.

My query is :

Where to stay for the intial few weeks. Hotels being very expensive.
How long will the PR card take to come once we apply.
Proof of funds i am taking 14000/- Can dollors (Travl cheques) for two people. Is that ok.
Searching for job in the IT market.
Anything to be careful about when landing.

Any suggestions/advice apart from what i have asked. Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Bala

gtrwizrd

Mar 16, 2009
Hi Bala, congrats on your visa stamping. Sorry I can't give any answers but I do have a question if you don't mind: How much is the fee for the travellers check? And in what denominations are your travellers checks?

R

rishabshanker

Hi Bala,

Congrats!!...here are some pointers...I'm assuming you are going to land in Toronto.

Where to stay?....before you leave try to get membership from either the YMCA or The Youth Hostel Association. It is not very expensive and if you have a membership you should be able to stay at their premises in Canada atleast for a short while, in case you need a longer duration stay there is a place called safehomestay in Toronto which is a service apartment heres the link www.safehomestay.com they also have a therad in this forum so search and you will get the details.

IT job search........use the below links to help you

www.nappcanada.com - they conduct regular job fairs
www. it-careers.ca - an IT sepcific job board
www.canadajobdirectory.ca
www.jobforum.ca

The safehomestay website also provides a lot of guidance for new immigrants, have a look.

also when you land there check out the local newspapers like the Toronto Star

Wish you all the best and may god bless you and your family.
Cheers,
Rishab