Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
PGP Super-Visa Procedures Released
(Parents & Grandparents 10-yrs. Visit Visa, with 2-yrs-at-a-time-stay in Canada)

Guys,

W.r.t. the previous threads/posts on the subject kindly be intimated that the procedural info on the same has been released by CIC today.

Prologue
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
News Release – Super Visa earning rave reviews

Ottawa, November 28, 2011 — Starting December 1, people all over the world can go to a Canadian visa office and apply for a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa.

The new Parent and Grandparent Super Visa will be valid for up to 10-years and will allow an applicant to remain in Canada for up to 24-months at a time without the need for renewal of their status. CIC visa officers expect to issue Super Visas within 8-weeks of application.

This means that instead of waiting for eight years, a parent or a grandparent can come to Canada within eight weeks. Parent and Grandparent Super Visa applicants will be required to obtain private Canadian health care insurance for their stay in Canada. The Super Visa is super great because processing will be quick and it will respond to a genuine need.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01-12-2011
Visiting Canada: Parent and Grandparent Super Visa

Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and PRs have a new option for visiting Canada. As of December 1, 2011, you may be eligible to apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa and enjoy visiting your family in Canada for up to 2-years without the need to renew your status.

Who can apply

To apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, you must:
-be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
-be found admissible to Canada; and
-meet certain other conditions.

Note: You cannot include dependants in this application. Only your spouse or common-law partner is eligible to accompany you under this provision.

How to apply

In order to obtain a PGP Super Visa, you will need to submit an Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada [IMM5257] to a visa office and provide certain additional documents to support your application [form below]:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5257E.PDF

Note: You may request a multiple-entry visa for up to ten years if you submit the applicable fees along with your application.

Check the website of the visa office responsible for the country or region where you live for more information on fees, including how to pay them. To find the correct office for your country, see the List of Canadian visa offices here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

In addition to being found admissible to Canada, the parent or grandparent must also:
-provide a written commitment of financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada who meets a minimum income threshold;
-prove that they have bought Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year; and
-complete an Immigration Medical Examination.

How your application is processed

Most applications for temporary resident visas are processed within a month or less. Processing times vary depending on the visa office.

After you send your application, it will be reviewed at the visa office to ensure it has been completed correctly and that it contains all the required documents. A visa officer will decide if an interview with you is necessary. If an interview is required, you will be notified of the time and place.

Visa officers consider several factors before deciding if a person is admissible. The person must be a genuine visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of the visit. Among the things that could be considered are:
-the person's ties to the home country;
-the purpose of the visit;
-the person's family and financial situation;
-the overall economic and political stability of the home country; and
-an invitation from a Canadian host.

If your application is refused, your passport and other documents will be returned to you. You will also receive an explanation why your application was refused. If you sent fraudulent documents, they will not be returned. If your application is approved, your passport and documents will be returned to you with your visa.

PGP Super-Visa [size=14pt]FAQs[/size]

1. What makes the PGP Super-Visa different from the current TRVs?
Currently, visitors to Canada usually may only visit for 6-months at a time. Most visitors who wish to stay longer must apply for an extension, and pay a new fee, every six months. With the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, eligible parents and grandparents will pay fewer fees and have some certainty that they will be able to enjoy the company of their families in Canada for a longer period of time. CIC will be able to issue the visas, on average, within 8-weeks of the application. This means that instead of waiting for 8-years, a parent or a grandparent can come to Canada within 8-weeks.

2. Is the PGP Super-Visa a multi-entry visa? What is the difference between the 10-yr multi-entry visa & this one?
Yes, the Super Visa is a multi-entry visa that will provide multiple entries for a period up to 10-years. The key difference is that the Super Visa will have status periods for each entry that last up to 2-years, while the 10-year multiple entry visa status period for each entry is 6-months. The Super Visa is also available as a single-entry visa, if that is the applicant's preference.

3. I'm eligible for the PGP visa, but I also have a dependent living with me, will s/he also get the PGP Super-Visa?
No. Dependants of parents and grandparents are not eligible for the Super Visa. They remain eligible to apply for regular visitor visas, though.

4. I'm from a country whose citizens do not require a visa for Canada, am I still eligible for the PGP visa to enjoy 2-yrs. stay?
Yes, if you are from a country whose citizens are not required to have a visa to enter Canada, you are eligible for a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa. Simply:
-Apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (no fee required) at a Canadian visa office;
-Undergo a medical examination;
-Provide the supporting documents, including proof of your relationship to a Canadian citizen or a PR; and
-proof of their financial support during your stay in Canada.
-You will also need proof that you have purchased Canadian medical insurance.

If you have met all the criteria, you will be issued a letter which you will present to a BSO at the POE when you arrive in Canada. The officer may authorize your visit to Canada for up to 2-years.

5. I have an on-going Family Sponsorship PR application, can I yet apply for the PGP Super-Visa?
Family re-unification cases who have applied for permanent residency will definitely be eligible for the PGP Super-Visa as well, without withdrawing their PR application.

Conclusion

The new PGP Super-Visa is part of the Conservative government's plan to battle an enormous backlog of about 165,000 parents and grandparents who are trying to join family in Canada. Immigration Minister Jason Kenney said, "The department informs me that they're confident that the approval rate for these PGP Super-Visas will actually be very high", last week at an appearance before a parliamentary committee.

CIC expects that this grandly named "Parent and Grandparent Super-Visa" wil increase the number admitted by more than 60% in 2012.

The Canadian Government is likely to stop accepting PR applications from parents and grandparents of Canadian residents, announcing this new 'super visa' as a replacement... however, the same hasn't yet been declared.

Qorax
______________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa.asp
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2011/12/01/pol-super-visa-program.html?cmp=rss

Reactions: danny_scars

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
PGP Super Visa Procedures Released
(Parents & Grandparents 10-yrs. Visit Visa, with 2-yrs.-at-a-time-stay in Canada)
Qorax
Super info Capt. Qorax

hmisabpk

ind2uk2can

Star Member
Oct 1, 2010
So do I have to take one year health insurance for my parents before visa? if so how much average it cost for my parents?

sukh420

Apr 14, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (AUS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2010
Doc's Request.
07-2010
AOR Received.
07-2010
IELTS Request
07-2010
File Transfer...
07-2010
Med's Request
01-2012
Med's Done....
01-2012
Interview........
[color=green]Waived[/color]
Passport Req..
03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-2012
LANDED..........
05-2012[img]http://factoryjoe.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/emoticon-0123-party.gif[/img]

Badshah bhai

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
qorax,
making conversation with you after long time
i won the case against cic, as they have refused my application.
i resubmitted after court order.
i am will getting stamped passport by janurary.mine is a family PR.
my query is
i will be new PR in Vancouver. and want to take my only father of age 78 years, healthy and smart after six months. Can he apply for super visa. i think this will be possible after landing.
But how i can proof my income. will i have to wait for one year, to prove that i have more income for year (more then thresold income)41500 cad dollars.mine is family of 4 persons.
please suggest what way i should adopt, for his free entry and exit in canada.
regards

edmonta

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0711 & 9212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2010
Doc's Request.
30-sept-2010
AOR Received.
1st-30th Sept 2010,2nd-08th June 2011
IELTS Request
done-7 band
File Transfer...
dont know what is this..in process from 26 april 2012
Med's Request
19-July-2013
Med's Done....
30-July-2013,ECAS updated with Medicals received on 18-Aug-2013
Interview........
not been called for..
Passport Req..
19-July-13
VISA ISSUED...
On 4th October 2013
LANDED..........
July 2014
A great relief for those who wants to call parents..
thanks Qorax sir.

Regards
Edmonta

australiatocanada

Star Member
Apr 19, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Landing in June 2012 end by grace of GOD
qorax said:
(Parents & Grandparents 10-yrs. Visit Visa, with 2-yrs-at-a-time-stay in Canada)

Guys,

W.r.t. the previous threads/posts on the subject kindly be intimated that the procedural info on the same has been released by CIC today.

Prologue
News Release – Super Visa earning rave reviews

Ottawa, November 28, 2011 — Starting December 1, people all over the world can go to a Canadian visa office and apply for a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa.

The new Parent and Grandparent Super Visa will be valid for up to 10-years and will allow an applicant to remain in Canada for up to 24-months at a time without the need for renewal of their status. CIC visa officers expect to issue Super Visas within 8-weeks of application.

This means that instead of waiting for eight years, a parent or a grandparent can come to Canada within eight weeks. Parent and Grandparent Super Visa applicants will be required to obtain private Canadian health care insurance for their stay in Canada. The Super Visa is super great because processing will be quick and it will respond to a genuine need.

01-12-2011
Visiting Canada: Parent and Grandparent Super Visa

Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and PRs have a new option for visiting Canada. As of December 1, 2011, you may be eligible to apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa and enjoy visiting your family in Canada for up to 2-years without the need to renew your status.

Who can apply

To apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, you must:
-be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
-be found admissible to Canada; and
-meet certain other conditions.

Note: You cannot include dependants in this application. Only your spouse or common-law partner is eligible to accompany you under this provision.

How to apply

In order to obtain a PGP Super Visa, you will need to submit an Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada [IMM5257] to a visa office and provide certain additional documents to support your application [form below]:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5257E.PDF

Note: You may request a multiple-entry visa for up to ten years if you submit the applicable fees along with your application.

Check the website of the visa office responsible for the country or region where you live for more information on fees, including how to pay them. To find the correct office for your country, see the List of Canadian visa offices here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

In addition to being found admissible to Canada, the parent or grandparent must also:
-provide a written commitment of financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada who meets a minimum income threshold;
-prove that they have bought Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year; and
-complete an Immigration Medical Examination.

How your application is processed

Most applications for temporary resident visas are processed within a month or less. Processing times vary depending on the visa office.

After you send your application, it will be reviewed at the visa office to ensure it has been completed correctly and that it contains all the required documents. A visa officer will decide if an interview with you is necessary. If an interview is required, you will be notified of the time and place.

Visa officers consider several factors before deciding if a person is admissible. The person must be a genuine visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of the visit. Among the things that could be considered are:
-the person's ties to the home country;
-the purpose of the visit;
-the person's family and financial situation;
-the overall economic and political stability of the home country; and
-an invitation from a Canadian host.

If your application is refused, your passport and other documents will be returned to you. You will also receive an explanation why your application was refused. If you sent fraudulent documents, they will not be returned. If your application is approved, your passport and documents will be returned to you with your visa.

PGP Super-Visa [size=14pt]FAQs[/size]

1. What makes the PGP Super-Visa different from the current TRVs?
Currently, visitors to Canada usually may only visit for 6-months at a time. Most visitors who wish to stay longer must apply for an extension, and pay a new fee, every six months. With the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, eligible parents and grandparents will pay fewer fees and have some certainty that they will be able to enjoy the company of their families in Canada for a longer period of time. CIC will be able to issue the visas, on average, within 8-weeks of the application. This means that instead of waiting for 8-years, a parent or a grandparent can come to Canada within 8-weeks.

2. Is the PGP Super-Visa a multi-entry visa? What is the difference between the 10-yr multi-entry visa & this one?
Yes, the Super Visa is a multi-entry visa that will provide multiple entries for a period up to 10-years. The key difference is that the Super Visa will have status periods for each entry that last up to 2-years, while the 10-year multiple entry visa status period for each entry is 6-months. The Super Visa is also available as a single-entry visa, if that is the applicant's preference.

3. I'm eligible for the PGP visa, but I also have a dependent living with me, will s/he also get the PGP Super-Visa?
No. Dependants of parents and grandparents are not eligible for the Super Visa. They remain eligible to apply for regular visitor visas, though.

4. I'm from a country whose citizens do not require a visa for Canada, am I still eligible for the PGP visa to enjoy 2-yrs. stay?
Yes, if you are from a country whose citizens are not required to have a visa to enter Canada, you are eligible for a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa. Simply:
-Apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (no fee required) at a Canadian visa office;
-Undergo a medical examination;
-Provide the supporting documents, including proof of your relationship to a Canadian citizen or a PR; and
-proof of their financial support during your stay in Canada.
-You will also need proof that you have purchased Canadian medical insurance.

If you have met all the criteria, you will be issued a letter which you will present to a BSO at the POE when you arrive in Canada. The officer may authorize your visit to Canada for up to 2-years.

5. I have an on-going Family Sponsorship PR application, can I yet apply for the PGP Super-Visa?
Family re-unification cases who have applied for permanent residency will definitely be eligible for the PGP Super-Visa as well, without withdrawing their PR application.

Conclusion

The new PGP Super-Visa is part of the Conservative government's plan to battle an enormous backlog of about 165,000 parents and grandparents who are trying to join family in Canada. Immigration Minister Jason Kenney said, "The department informs me that they're confident that the approval rate for these PGP Super-Visas will actually be very high", last week at an appearance before a parliamentary committee.

CIC expects that this grandly named "Parent and Grandparent Super-Visa" wil increase the number admitted by more than 60% in 2012.

The Canadian Government is likely to stop accepting PR applications from parents and grandparents of Canadian residents, announcing this new 'super visa' as a replacement... however, the same hasn't yet been declared.

Qorax
______________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa.asp
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2011/12/01/pol-super-visa-program.html?cmp=rss

Thanx Sir,

Great info...once again...hats off for you always Qorax !! :D

Just wondering one thing?

Does parents need to show funds or sponsor need to show funds or any fix income (job or business) in Canada?

Can I apply for this visa for my parents or in-laws as soon as I land in Canada on PR status?

Please reply

Thanks in advance!! ;D

Tina :D

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ind2uk2can said:
So do I have to take one year health insurance for my parents before visa? if so how much average it cost for my parents?
Yes.
Varies & depends on many factors such as:
-Type of Policy
-Region belonging to (?)
etc.

U may take a shot here:
http://www.insurance-canada.ca/health-products/health-visitor/health-visitor.php

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Badshah bhai said:
qorax,
making conversation with you after long time
1)i won the case against cic, as they have refused my application.
i resubmitted after court order.
i am will getting stamped passport by janurary.mine is a family PR.
my query is
i will be new PR in Vancouver. and want to take my only father of age 78 years, healthy and smart after six months. 2)Can he apply for super visa. i think this will be possible after landing.
3)But how i can proof my income. will i have to wait for one year, to prove that i have more income for year (more then thresold income)4)41500 cad dollars.mine is family of 4 persons.
please suggest what way i should adopt, for his free entry and exit in canada.
regards
1. Congrats !
2. Yes he can after u have landed & settled down.
3. For sponsoring u should have a regular income & an adequate bank bal.
4. There's no figure set-forth, just that u need to demonstrate that u could financially support them during their entire stay.

Usually a sponsorship may not be approved before 8-12 months of stay here for the host -- and having a 'regular income'.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
australiatocanada said:
Thanx Sir,

Great info...once again...hats off for you always Qorax !! :D

Just wondering one thing?

Does parents need to show funds or sponsor need to show funds or any fix income (job or business) in Canada?

Can I apply for this visa for my parents or in-laws as soon as I land in Canada on PR status?

Please reply

Thanks in advance!! ;D

Tina :D
Replied in the above post...

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SUPER Captain QORAX..

Great Info......:)

OMM

qorax said:

Guys,

redranj

Jul 18, 2009
hi, and thanks for all the info.

my wife wants to apply for her mother, my question is i co-signed the sponsor app recently, can i co-sign for the super visa too.

if yes, then the cic website is not clear as to what i need to include.

thanks.

ind2uk2can

Star Member
Oct 1, 2010
About supervisa - How can CIC asks for 1 years full health coverage?? So do I have to pay 12 months coverage for both my parents before entering to canada or before visa?? any comments will be helpfull