+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal History work and extended vacation/traveling

jaybotham

Jan 12, 2018
Hi everyone!

So a question about filling out the ‘personal activities’ section. Over the past 9 years I have done periods of working about 4-6 months at a time (same employer), then have been away traveling/backpacking around various countries for 8 months-1 year at a time. Obviously I have mentioned all these trips in my travel history, but I’m unsure if I need to mention these trips in my personal activities, since technically I have always still been on the books at my workplace so even though I have been away for upto a year, even working in other countries, I have technically still been employed back home even if I haven’t been working. Can I just put ‘employed’ with that employer for that whole period of time since there isn’t an option to put extended vacation or anything like that. Also would it matter that it would show me being employed in two different countries at the same time with different employers, since even though I was still employed back home, I worked different jobs while I was away traveling sometimes. Thanks for any help!