+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Travel Document

Akki9172

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hello

I am planning to apply for Permanent Resident Travel Document as I might need to travel in October. Does anybody knows it is applied from VAC or IRCC. And how much time is it taking these days for the same?

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello

I am planning to apply for Permanent Resident Travel Document as I might need to travel in October. Does anybody knows it is applied from VAC or IRCC. And how much time is it taking these days for the same?

Thank you
You can only apply after you have left Canada.

Akki9172

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
You can only apply after you have left Canada.
Yeah I will be applying after I leave Canada. I will be doing my soft landing and will be coming back to US around Sept 10. But I will need to go in October again as till that time my PR Card will not be with me so is it possible for me to get PRTD till that time or can I travel with my COPR by land?

nvap23

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
Yeah I will be applying after I leave Canada. I will be doing my soft landing and will be coming back to US around Sept 10. But I will need to go in October again as till that time my PR Card will not be with me so is it possible for me to get PRTD till that time or can I travel with my COPR by land?
If you are looking to travel by Land, you can use COPR until your PR card is obtained.
If you are looking to fly into Canada, you would need PRTD since you cannot use COPR.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017

gauri_ss

Aug 25, 2021
Hey did you find out about the process and documents checklist for prtd..
Also processing times from India

ananth6676

Nov 16, 2021
Hi, I’m in a similar situation just thought of checking what you did? Applied PRTD and got it within the requested timeline?