+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Renewal Timeline 2018

Coolcat01

Apr 30, 2018
Hello Guys,

I am waiting for my PR card renewal, just wondering if everyone can share your PR renewal status especially for those who already get your application completed so we can provide everyone who's in a similar situation and idea about the processing timeline.

Here's my status just checked this morning:

1.We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 22, 2018.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 9, 2018.
3.We started processing your application on April 9, 2018.

Reactions: mainul

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Hello Guys,

I am waiting for my PR card renewal, just wondering if everyone can share your PR renewal status especially for those who already get your application completed so we can provide everyone who's in a similar situation and idea about the processing timeline.

1.We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 22, 2018.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 9, 2018.
How fast processing takes will depend on your specific case...

if it is a routine case then any time now you should get a decision made...

the longer the time ... then most likely your case is not a routine one... All the best...

Reactions: mainul

chihim1992

Mar 13, 2018
Hello Guys,

Hi, my application is exactly same as you...they received my application on Jan 22 and started processing on April 9
but still, the status is processing instead of decision made...I wonder what takes them so long...

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Hi, my application is exactly same as you...they received my application on Jan 22 and started processing on April 9
but still, the status is processing instead of decision made...I wonder what takes them so long...
As noted by many members on here... processing times by CIC are dependant on a lot of variables....
For PR card renewals the issue mainly depends on how routine the application is....

This is factored in by for a large part your absences from Canada within the last 5 years as per the RO....the more absences you have the more time it is likely to take because CIC has to verify those with CBSA.....and sometimes if all of those can not be adequately verified then a renewal application may find itself in secondary review...

chihim1992

Mar 13, 2018
As noted by many members on here... processing times by CIC are dependant on a lot of variables....
For PR card renewals the issue mainly depends on how routine the application is....

This is factored in by for a large part your absences from Canada within the last 5 years as per the RO....the more absences you have the more time it is likely to take because CIC has to verify those with CBSA.....and sometimes if all of those can not be adequately verified then a renewal application may find itself in secondary review...
In the past 5 years, I only left Canada once in 2014, however, I left for about 5 months that time, I wonder if the length matters:(

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In the past 5 years, I only left Canada once in 2014, however, I left for about 5 months that time, I wonder if the length matters:(
If that is the case you will probably avoid secondary review. You will have to wait and see. You should know soon.

Scarborough guy

Apr 23, 2018
My PR renewal application received on 8 th Feb, 2018.
AOR on 23 rd April.
Process started on 23 rd April.
Still waiting.
However to my specific inquiry using web form, they replied as under :
" We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with the application. It is still within the regular processing times.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed."
I was outside Canada for 876 days and inside canada for 949 days.

ichv

Jun 25, 2015
Any news Coolcat01, chihim1992, Scarborough guy?
I have roughly the same times. Application received on February 1st, correspondence sent / started processing application on April 18th. Still waiting. The status is In Process.
I have more than enough time in Canada in the past 5 years, 1200+ days.
Thank you!

chihim1992

Mar 13, 2018
Any news Coolcat01, chihim1992, Scarborough guy?
I have roughly the same times. Application received on February 1st, correspondence sent / started processing application on April 18th. Still waiting. The status is In Process.
I have more than enough time in Canada in the past 5 years, 1200+ days.
Thank you!
still waiting...god it is so frustrating...

Coolcat01

Apr 30, 2018
An update on my case, finally received it, good luck to everyone.

4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on May 7, 2018.

ichv

Jun 25, 2015
Thanks for the update Coolcat01! I am 9 days behind you. Hopefully it is not too long now :S

Manardarali

May 16, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have sent my PR RENEWAL application on feb 5, 2018. It was received on Feb 8th. They returned the application to me on March 14th as incomplete because one of the photos was not according to required specifications!! I resent the application the day after and it was received on March 19th. I still have no news whatsoever from IRCC! I don’t know if returning my application had caused delay in processing but it was stamped that it was received on Feb 8 when I got it back. I sent a web request last week and they replied back last Friday that the information I sent are different from that they have on file! They asked to send the information again and so I did. I have also sent my ticket along with the payment receipt thinking they would send me the new PR before my flight date. Any similar cases?